OK, i'm not gonna buy a new guitar just yet, but in the non too distant future, perhaps. So if you guys could recommend any guitars which my suit me so i can try 'em out, that'd be cool. Anyhow, i play mainly alternative rock, classic rock, some harder rock and a bit of metal. I also like to play more bluesy-jazzy stuff as well. I prefer the more strat style guitars, though i have nothing against Gibsons and whatnot. If possible, something with a (licensed) Floyd Rose and maybe 22 or 24 frets, though it's not critical. My budget is around £450-550 and i was looking at a "Fender Standard Series Fat Strat w/ Floyd Rose", though i don't know if its any good. Also, any personal experience would be good and guitars easily available in the UK would be good too.

Err... that's about it. I'll be impressed if you can find something that does all that.

Edit: Oh yeah. Been playing for about 4 years but i've never had much money to get a new guitar. My one and only electric is a Yamaha Pacifica 112X (i think).
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
well, that changes EVERYTHING!!!
Last edited by Joe_Wilcox at Jun 3, 2006,
The Fat Strats are great, although I don't know how good the trems are...The Fat Strat should fit your needs perfectly.

Also, what kind of amp do you have?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
It's called a Yamaha DG 80-112 (80 watts, 1x12" speaker). Does pretty much everything i need it do. Not many around though.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
try a jackson js30.i got one, plays amazing for the price i got it it was used but a new one is like $400 and it has a licenced floyd rose,strat style body and it has 22 frets. heres the link look at the specs

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900012585
hmm, i've been reading some threads and stuff and apparently some licensed FRs are complete crap. Does anyone know if the fat strat FR trem is one of the crap ones? and what makes them so crap anyhow?

edit: this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=1016
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
Ibanez RG1570 FTW EAZY!!!
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
They're a bit....metal though. I'm wanting something with a bit more to it. Not that i have anything against Ibanez's or anything... I'd kill for a Jem....
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
^ No man.. lol

Everyone makes them out to be metal because they have 24 frets and a fr....

WTF?! It all depends on your amp whether its metal or not. Any "metal" guitar can play cleans just as good as some other guitar can through the right amp.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I suppose, just me being prejudiced If you guys think so, then i'll try one out, see what i think of it.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
Yeh man, just try one out. If you dont like it, theres other ibanez's that are out there if you want a different approach.

The S series for example..

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^^SZ if you like a thicker set neck, RGT42DX if you want a slightly thicker wizard2 neck with neck thru and mahogany body and trem, JS for a round stratty neck. Theres an Ibanez for everyone.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Vintage-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=518669

$2.99 american. Epiphone G-400. I own one, and I play every style of music. I can honestly say, its fast, feels good. has 22 frets. easy to play all of the frets. the cutaways do not get in the way. I've had mine for about 2 years now and I can say that I love the feel of it. you should pick one up. they are awsome guitars.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

id say a checter c-1 classic...... it can play alot of types of music, and can get many good sounds.

check it out.... it might be just what you need. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

probably cost around $800 or $900 American... but its a good solid guitar. very good for that price actualy.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
^^ its only about $700 USD

and before looking at that, check this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Artist-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar?sku=518187

my friend has one... plays better than my other friend's c1 classic
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Those Schecters do look mighty fine... Though, i couldn't find them on www.gak.co.uk, so i dont know what they might sell for over here. Also, would i just need to take it to a guitar shop or something to get an OFR fitted? And how much do you think it would cost. Thanks for all the input as well Muchos Gracias or something....
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
Quote by Joe_Wilcox
Those Schecters do look mighty fine... Though, i couldn't find them on www.gak.co.uk, so i dont know what they might sell for over here. Also, would i just need to take it to a guitar shop or something to get an OFR fitted? And how much do you think it would cost. Thanks for all the input as well Muchos Gracias or something....

Id say anywhere from 50-150$ to get it put in there depending on the luthier.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Also, would that mean i'd have to buy the OFR bridge i wanted, or would the luthier buy it and fit it, as part of the price?
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!
^ youd have to buy it...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Joe_Wilcox

you can only get schecters in sound control in the uk (which is a good reason to import from america cause sound control SUCK ), if you want one with a ofr just but the c-1fr or hellraiser fr.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ youd have to buy it...

Thought so. Know what websites i can get OFR bridges from? I've had a look but i've only found stuff on eBay for stupidly expensive prices... Thanks again everyone.
Quote by Aftter-Forever
POLKA DOTS?!?!