I need a cheap one, about £60 ($110).
I want to be able to get the vintage surfy spring reverb sound (Not subtle.), as well as the hall ambiance type thing.
I was thinking digiverb, but it does sound a bit digital. Well, yeah, obvious. BUt it does give the proper in-your-face surf sound one or two settings on the demo.

I also looked at the holy grail, but it was way too much of a hassle to power.

And the reflector, unreliable and sounds weak.

I live in a small town, we have two small music shops, one only sells fender strats and the other one sells disco balls. If I go into town, there's dawsons, unfortunalely they only let you try out boss pedals, and I do not like boss. Everything else is cased away. So I can't really do that go into a shop and try them out thing. I need people with proper experiance with reverb to advise me on this.
The holy grail hassle to power? Just because you plug it in to a wall? It's worth it.
Yea what do you mean about "hassle to power"? I use a Holy Grail, it's great, one of the best digital reverbs I've come across. Spring, Hall, and that warble thing which gives a cool effect.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Isn't the mA on that thing huge? Like 500. Talking convieniance of use and transport I don't really want to have to use a seperate power supply. I know you need a different jack for it, but could somone check this out?
Yep, EH pwns!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
^ you mean analog?

an analog spring verb would be a real spring reverb like on amps, an analog hall reverb would be...recorded playing in a hall.

thats why all the pedals are technically digital but good ones wont sound fake or crappy.
^I'd sell you a spring reverb, but you're in the UK. I'm gonna have two.

And yeah, theres mainly plate reverb, and spring reverb...plate is more common for studio applications, and spring reverb is used in guitar amps.

Danelectro makes a spring reverb too.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.