Do any of you guys know how to get billy sheehan gets his tone? I mean it sounds like he's tapping and shredding with fingers of steel !!! I heard he uses two amps - one distorted and the other clean at the same time or something but i'm not really sure.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
playtypus you save the day again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To get his tone, you have to be him. Literally. As in, no one but Billy Sheehan can get the same exact tone but himself.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
I know that. but i was asking if there any amp settings, pickups, pedals that i could use to get his tone.
haha...
Quote by mong12345
Quote by platypus
I know that. but i was asking if there any amp settings, pickups, pedals that i could use to get his tone.

I had to come up with something, because i really have no idea. I'm still trying to find a tone that's all mine. No matter how much i like someones particular tone, i won't try to imitate it.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
Two amps one distorted one clean two pickups each with it's own output jack each plugged into a different amp
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Wiki :

Billy's main bass is a Yamaha Billy Sheehan Attitude 4 string bass with aftermarket blue LEDs and laser pointer, by Sims UK. He is a long time user of the Hipshot Bass D-tuner which allows him to drop the low E to a lower D on his bass' 4th string, all of his signature Yamaha basses have them factory installed. Billy is a long time Ampeg user, he has used Ampeg SVT-4Pro amplifiers for several years. Ampeg also makes his signature SVP-BSP pre-amps. A few more of his main rack units are: a no longer produced Pearce solid state dual channel pre-amp, he uses it to get distorted tones, as well as an Ashley dual channel compressor. He runs it all through to Ampeg bass cabinets equipped with speakers from 10" up to 18" in diameter.
ok.. any suggestions on how to get that with one amp?
haha...
Quote by mong12345
High mids and maybe an equal level of low and high somewhere at 60%... That's what it sounds like... Some fuzz but not distorted enough to make it sound like as crunchy as a distorted electric guitar.
originally posted by PulseUltra

Alright... I'm fairly new to the guitar and I keep messing up... do I put my fingers between the strings or on them or what?

^ yeah. lol. i just play his stuff with my own EQ settings since i hate high mids. high mids make any sliding your left hand does loud lol. only bad thing.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112