Hello..I want to start to play bass guitar and I'm looking for a good beginner bass at about 250?. I play metal and rock. I've already seen an Ibanez GSR200. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
What about this bass? In the Reviews section of UG it has been rated only 7.9 but the Ibanez GSR205 has been rated 9.6. Now, apart the fact that it's 5 strings, what's the difference between these two models?
Have you got any other suggestion?
thank you in advance
Last edited by Helker at Jun 3, 2006,
well id personally out of those two pick the GSR205
better rating, better pickups and extended rang (ie the 5th string). other than those they seem to be the same, same scale, woods n stuff
you could just go get a squier p-bass those are good for beginners
but ibanez works too
you people that say "get a squier, since you're a beginner" are ****in retarded........why not get good **** even if you're starting out? i think thats really lame when people say that.......anyways, id say get somthing good, dont get starter packs, those are a waste, just get a good bass and a good amp........yup
^I agree, but only do that if you know you will stick with it, cause if you do get a $500 bass and a $500 amp right at the start then decide "hey i dont wanna be in a band!" or something, then you just blew $1,000.

If your not sure, go ahead and get that its not bad.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
yeah, i'll definitely get in a band..I've already got a 80watt amplifier so no problem..anyway..should I buy the GSR200 or the GSR205?? Can I use them in a newbie band??