Quote by ClaptonRules
Ok first, here is the link to the pedal I am going to build:

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/p180.gif

Now am I reading this right, does it take 6, 9v batteries? I am kind of new to schematics and was just wondering if it needed a battery for every phasor or what they were saying.

No, you only have one 9v battery and that acts as a 9v supply to all your stages.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
You could use 6 batteries if you wanted...but that would just be stupid.

Like PF said, one battery, powering everything.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Are you going to match the semiconductors yourself or buy pre-matched ones? I don't think smallbear has em matched, and IIRC it helps alot to match them.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Are you going to match the semiconductors yourself or buy pre-matched ones? I don't think smallbear has em matched, and IIRC it helps alot to match them.

I've given up on matched stages now... I used to be quite anal about getting everything perfect but I've found things sound less natural that way. In something like a phaser you could expect a more "wavery" sound..

But as with everything it's personal opinion.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
actually, you can buy a mosfet array IC for really cheap, 6 mosfet's all on 1 chip!
they're commoned anyways...

btw, i wouldn't build that circuit if i were you
mainly cause it's a pretty crummy looking schematic (plus watch out for the zener diode)
i mean, there's a pot there that has no connection on one lug (which i presume to be a ground connection)
^Isn't that pot just wired as a variable resistor? Usually you'd draw it with it connected to the middle lug, but it doesn't really matter...

And I'm quite sure the schems correct. RG Keen is an electronics engineer who has worked on a bunch of the visual sound pedals(namely the Route 66 I believe.) He's out on www.diystompboxes.com all the time.
Quote by greenbox
actually, you can buy a mosfet array IC for really cheap, 6 mosfet's all on 1 chip!
they're commoned anyways...

Umm... Is that in response to pinky's matched remark? If so you couldn't be wider from the mark. Having them all on 1 chip doesn't guarentee you'll have a matched op-amp/whatever in the chip...

Also the schematic looks right to me... The pot SHOULD NOT BE GROUNDED under any circumstances that would really mess up your circuit.

EDIT: Also why did you mention the zener? As long as yu're not idiotic with them they'll be OK... It's not as if it's a CMOS chip or something.
ah, i see what you guys mean
sorry about that, must've been a brain fart

(but by crummy looking i meant it looks like a MS paint schematic, not that there's anything wrong with that... i just think it looks crummy)

edit: i mentioned the zener diode just in case he used a regular diode
Quote by greenbox

(but by crummy looking i meant it looks like a MS paint schematic, not that there's anything wrong with that... i just think it looks crummy)

Ah... I got it wrong on 2 counts. lol.

I thought you were implying that zeners were feeble or something.

Quote by greenbox

And what the hell is wrong with MS Paint my good sir!?
Paint is awesome.
oh, and just in case i should clarify

i meant that the mosfets on the chip were commoned, so you'd need less wires (2 connections as opposed to 4 on the source).

although i was COMPLETELY wrong on that variable resistor-pot

anyways
clapton> good luck on the build! (and pictures are always welcome)
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
And what the hell is wrong with MS Paint my good sir!?
Paint is awesome.

oh, it's just that there are free programs that do an awesome job of schematics,

orCAD/PSpice student for example

haha, i'm really sorry, i guess I'm just spoiled.