Allright, so, This summer, I've got a decision to make.

I can either go to the Cornerstone Festival, which is a four day thing, or go see Jacks Mannequin in Chicago with OAR.

Obviously, the Festival seems way more logical, but heres the catch:

I'd be stuck in a tent with my family, and another.

Its about 450 dollars per family.

It's a christian music thing, so, although there are some good bands there (UnderOath, The Chariot), there are also some complete **** bands there (Relient K, Jars of Clay.) This also means that I'm gonna have to be all "In touch with my inner emotions." Granted, I have no problem with religion, and am strongly Christian, but the thought of having to spend 4 days in a tent talking about how awesome God is with my family makes me a bit hesitant to go, seeing as there are only a handful of bands i like playing.

I've already seen UnderOath in concert, and it was pretty good, although they seemed a little out of it.

The Plus side:

I get to spend time with my old neighbor before she moves off to college, and, inevitibally, i only see her maybe twice a year.

I really wanna hear new UnderOath played live. Granted, they play June 10th, so, Define The Great Line won't even be out for another 11 days.

There's about 75 bands playing, so, there's bound to be some good ones.

And then there's Jacks Mannequin, who is just the greatest band in the world, and whom i have an unhealthy obsession with.

So, I'm looking for some advice. Has anyone seen Jack's Mannequin live? Good? Bad?

hmmm......
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Why not go? What are you going to do at home, nothing? I'd take the chance to go see some cool bands. The price doesn't matter as I don't see your parents saying "Hey Johnny, we are going on vacation, but you have to pay your part"

EDIT: Sorry, the only decision I saw was about going to Conerstone or not... it's up to you. I would go see more bands, but that's just me.
Last edited by myvaliantleap at Jun 3, 2006,
I'd rather go see Jack's Mannequin.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
see Jack's and OAR
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
The only good band that you mentioned was The Chariot.

Unless there are other good bands playing, go see Jack's Mannequin.
I'd go to the festival just for Underoath. They've got some new stuff out that's awesome.

But that's just me. :/
I'd go to the festival too because there are probably gonna be lots of good bands on it. Is mewithoutYou playing it this year?
Hell, I'd rather go and see Jars of Clay and Relient K than Underoath, so I guess me making a point for you to choose one over the other would be kind of pointless.

However, I strongly oppose large religious gatherings, so I would force you to go to Chicago.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by BumOffBarney
I'd go to the festival too because there are probably gonna be lots of good bands on it. Is mewithoutYou playing it this year?

Ya, they are. I forgot to mention them.

and I'm looking forward to UnderOath's new stuff, but I haven't heard anything but "Ive got 10 friends.." and "Writing on the walls." So, going to hear new stuff will be interesting.
go to the festival. hell, its the chariot and underOATH and it seems like youre leaning towards it more anyway. you may not want to talk about god with your family for however long, but im a family man. and i probably feel its important.

yeah thats about it really, and theres 75 bands playing, so im sure you wont be short of having a good time just hanging around and listening. but like andrew im not too fond of religious gatherings, especially large ones, but each to their own.

edit: mewithoutyou are playing? go to the festival man.
rites of nothing.
Quote by fenderfreak101

and I'm looking forward to UnderOath's new stuff, but I haven't heard anything but "Ive got 10 friends.." and "Writing on the walls." So, going to hear new stuff will be interesting.

Try to find the song "In Regards To Myself" that was released on a sampler recently. It's awesome.
Jeff, speaking of which, get in the chat.

Quote by fenderfreak101

I'd go just to see them. Aaron Weiss puts on an amazing live show.
Hey, if I got to see old friends, WHILE spending time with my family, WHILE camping, WHILE getting to see a bunch of bands I love,
I'd say you're killing a whole flock with one stone.
I'm with pie-girl on this one: you're watching bands you like with family and friends! That's what lifes all about dude

Man, there are a LOT of bands playing that festival. You're bound to discover some new cool bands. (there's a list of all the bands playing )

Relient K and UnderOath would be the ones I'd go to watch though
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
well, it turns out this thread was a waste of time, because i guess my parents don't feel like spending 450 dollars to sit in the heat for a 4 days, so im going to see JM.

Thanks for the help though