hi everyone

well ive been playing guitar for about a year now. most of the time, ive just messed around with it and learned some songs but now i wanna get serious

so i have two questions
1) whats the best way to get better with your pinky
2) what is the right way to practice? because ive heard some people say that if you start off practicing the wrong technique, you'll never get any better

thanks for the help, and im sorry if a similar thread like this has been made before
do this:

E|-1h2p1h2p1h3p1h3p1h4p1h4p1h3p1h3p1h3p2h3p2h4p2h4p2-|
B|---------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------|
   1 2 1 2 1 3 1 3 1 4 1 4 1 3 1 3 1 3 2 3 2 4 2 4 2

and do that on every string (the numbers below the tab are which finger to use)

and always keep your thumb planted on the back of the neck, start off slow, use a metronome, etc, etc.
1.The way i got my pinky working is playing the chromatic scale up and down the neck, different finger combos. Use fingers 1-2-3-4 up and down the neck, and on each fret since it takes more finger preasure on different frets. Use different combos like 1-3-4. 1-2-4, 1-2-3, you get the idea

2.I wouldn't say theres a 'wrong' technique, everyone plays different. Just play the way your hands feel comfortable.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true