So, summer's here, and i plan on getting a Job because i have a small case of G.A.S. First, i want to buy a small tube amp for practicing, probably 15W. I'm new to Tube amps and don't know much about these majestic amps. I play Rock, Classic Rock, Punk, Blues, and things along those lines. My buget is around $700 tops. Any suggestions?
To my knowledge, there are no 15w tube amps, I think the lowest is 30 or 40. Marshall DSL401, Vox AC30 and Peavy XXX are all good amps although I dont think the Marshall would be within your budget.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Quote by Frostithe
To my knowledge, there are no 15w tube amps

Very wrong.

For that price, you could look into some Vox's maybe, some Fenders and some used Marshalls, maybe a Traynor too.
All valve amps mind you...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It sounds like a Traynor YCV50 would be perfect for you, but you would have to stretch your budget a little, as the amp goes for about $750 (unless you can find one used). Here's a link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075

I have one, and believe me, they're excellent amps for the price.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
No 15w tube amps? haha...

Fender Blues Jr is supposed to be great. Vox Ac15 too...
For just practicing, you won't need a huge wattage, so something like 15 watts (like you suggested) may be a bit much.
Try out the Epiphone Valve Junior. It's something like $120, but they really kick ass. Surprisingly loud.
If you really want a bit more power, then try out the Vox AC15, Fender Blues Junior or Fender Pro Junior (all 15 watts). Not sure on many other brands, but I have had great personal experience with all these amps in the past.
Good luck in finding the right amp!
Fender Blues junior
Vox AC15

Both are nails.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I use a Blues Jr. Its great for clean blues and jazz. Just put a distortion pedal in front of it and it's good for every other genre.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
yeah id get one of those. change the speaker and get an overdrive (ts maybe) itll come out to less than your budget and sound amazing. plenty loud too
hey rocker do u have a band? or think u might soon? jw.

at home practice 15w blues junior is a lot of fun, but kind of loud, like said.

what are u using it for? maybe we can narrow it down.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^i do not have a band, I would like to have one but right now it's not too promising. Also my dad wants me to get a band because if i don't he has to sell his drums.

I plan on using it mainly for practicing for the gneres listed in my first post.
Rock, Classic Rock, Punk, Blues, and things along those lines
ok well, if u think ur going to eventually get a drummer then go for the 15W fender blues jr and a couple of OD and dist pedals. would sound great.

tube amps sound their best when u crank them.

if u doubt ull ever get a drummer then maybe pick up a 5W epi tube head and nice speaker cab.
only $99 + cab price. plenty loud enough, its easy to overdrive, and wt pedals gives u a rich tube sound.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

pretty simple from what ive seen. and every year or 2, depends on use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Laney VC15. VC stands for Vox Copy, and it is much cheaper than the Vox amp. 15w of great blues tone and a bit of overdrive for classic rock. Just what you need.
Tubes can take up to 4 years to replace depending on use.
laney is nice, but ive heard of some quality control issues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62