So I just got a new Yamaha FG700S and I love it. I was wondering how long it takes for the "new string buzz" to go away?
New string buzz? Is that like new neck bend and new bridge click?

New finish scratches? New pickguard cracks?

New fret rising? New tuner snap?

Ok I'm done.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
lol its not a buzz, when i play jack johnson-taylor, they sound kind of "metaly" doing hammer-ons.
a few days to a week if your talking about breaking strings in.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
yeah thats just new strings. It sounds kinda mettalic. i like the sound
Quote by Kollarism
lol its not a buzz, when i play jack johnson-taylor, they sound kind of "metaly" doing hammer-ons.

depends on what kind of strings you have and how much you play... but mine usually only keep the tinny sound for about 2 days. i hate that tinny sound.
What strings are they do you know? Idk why some people hate the 'new string' sound so much, I love that raspy tone you get after putting on a new set of Martins
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
^-- i guess that i don't like the tinny sound because 85-95% of the time i'm playing my guitar it doesn't have that sound... so when it DOES sound tinny it sounds different than what i expect. not saying that sounding different is the same as sounding bad. it's just personal preference i guess. when the strings still sound metally/tinny i just don't think the guitar produces that really really smooth and mellow sound that i love so much.
The sound is pretty much gone since I've been playing it so much

The string are Yamaha I guess? Whatever came on the guitar.
^-- i know yamaha makes strings so i'd say that they probably were yamaha