im in love with the shape of the Gibson Ex-plorer, but i cant find a guitar company who makes guitars with a similar shape, since i am left handed.

so if any one could tell me if they kno a company that makes the Ex-plorer style lefty,it would b appreciated,

THX
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
gibson will custom make a lefty explorer, but big $$$
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by tylerishot
Hamer Standard.
Ibanez Destroyer.

but r they availible lefthand?
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
I thought that epi had a left handed explorer? I'm going to go check..

Edit: I couldn't find any..they just have right handed ones on Musician's Friend...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ESP makes a similar shaped guitar, they used to make the exact same body as the Explorer but when gibson got pissed they made ESP take it out of their production, James Hetfield used to use one. They now make the EX body.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/standard_gt/ex_std.html
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by zeppelin68
its probably ALOT worse too... its an sx...
SX=pile of excrement

why is this? its still mahogany body and maple set neck.
quality of the wood, the number of pieces used to make the guitar(lack of information makes me think this is plywood), contruction of the guitar, the electronics used...

just because a guitar is made out of desirable materials, doesnt mean its going to be good, and also, sx guitars dont get the greatest of review... lastly you cant try the guitar before you play it
esp!
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

That has inspired me to buy an SX. I'm poor like a mofo and I also like the Explorer style.
This is the exact reason why I encourage newbies to learn how play right-handed guitars regardless of what dominance they are. You will run into problems trying to find decently priced lefty guitars. But good-luck TS! I like those guiatars too, and I would hate to see you not play one.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

^Regardless of how good he is now, it's always a good idea to at least try and. I did it and can't imagine how hard it must be trying to find your perfect guitar when less than 5% of guitars are lefty. But to the threadstarter, try emailing Epi- they might manufacture some lefty models but don't advertise them on the site, or don't widely distribute them. Otherwise look into Ibanez Destroyers, ESPs and Jackson Warriors (i think that's the name of their Explorer copy), or go hardcore and make your own...
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
I still would recommend the SX ones, but thats just me, you could find your sound better, get better pickups, then buy a much better amp, then later on you could wrry about getting a better "custom" made guitar for a much higher price
but thats just me