Sorry, so many threads from me about the SAME thing nearly...

Now, I've got the problem...Build OR Mod...I think I should build because I would learn LOADS about guitars...and also it would be a fun thing to do with my dad...

OR

Modding...This would cost about the same...as I would almost completely the same amount of work on it...I wouldn't be doing much of it because I wouldn't be able to route and stuff
(I would get a precut Body and Neck)

HELP PLEASE
In all honesty, modding is preobably the better way to go. You have more chance of success that way. And when you spend that much money, you don't want to have things not work out so well. Also, you'll learn plenty by modding yourself.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I say modding. You'll learn good things that will prepare you for building.
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
If you've already made your decision, then don't ask which choice to make.

If you want to build, build.
If you want to mod, mod.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Build! I built a parts-o-caster before and i didn't really learn much except a bit of wiring. With a build you willl learn much more and if you do you research and take your time you will end up with a nice guitar.
build ur dream guitar, then mod ur old one!!

As well, take time slowly when building, you rlly dont wanna go fast, you will wanna but dont, you will be excited to see how it comes out and how nice it will play if set up and made correctly!
Quote by Schecter-06
build ur dream guitar, then mod ur old one!!

As well, take time slowly when building, you rlly dont wanna go fast, you will wanna but dont, you will be excited to see how it comes out and how nice it will play if set up and made correctly!

So I will buy a premade body but without pickups...or any electrics...(Quilted Maple?)
A separate neck...with 22 frets...maple ?

Erm...pickups...electrics...scratchplate...input...

£ 200 ?
doing it that way, youre going to be learning how to do the wiring, put a guitar toghether and how to paint. You will be learning almost nothing about how to shape your guitar, etc. However, i don't think htat this is a bad thing for your guitar. Besides, modding and building becomes addicted, as soon as you have finished this one, you will want to do another
well you don't really need all that much, you can get away with a jigsaw, a drill and some sandpaper. I plan to start a build in summer with just those. Oh and you will also need a soldering iron, but they cost very little.
yeah, but this way you have to take your time and be really careful. but thats a good thing, it means higher quality instrument in the end
Cool, I am going to build...erm...I am going to the the whole thing myself...and my dad...yer...and anyone got any ideas on shape
Quote by nospacesallowed
^ Yeah...but I can't afford the tools!!!

if your in highschool... you could just built your guitar at wood working/carpentry class, and use their tools for free... and plus you can ask the teacher there(probably has alot of experience with wood for help
Quote by nospacesallowed
Cool, I am going to build...erm...I am going to the the whole thing myself...and my dad...yer...and anyone got any ideas on shape

Telecaster!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!