Page 1 of 6
Don't know if theres been a thread on this before and if there has sue me...

alrighty then, don't you hate when you see that 8 year old kid that struggles through smoke on the water have a gibson sg?

or the girl that can't play mary had a little lamb but has the guiar of your dreams?

well heres a thread for all of it!

do you think your good enough for your guitar? consider your level of playing and the guitar you have?

we'll i have a GAX30 ibanez GIO and i think that im good enough for this guitar but im going to buy the Ibanez SA260, am i good enough for this baby?

the song that i can play from front to back and am very proud of is Stratosphere by stratovarius...am i good enough for this guitar or if you saw me playing it you would think damn that kid doesn't deserve that!

confused? i dont care

so what ever post your own playing and gear and tell me if im good enough for my guitar!
President of "Blink 182 Fan club" club
PM Me to join

Set-up
My very own baby with LED's
GX212 Ultratwin by Behringer
MT-2 boss metal zone pedal
lol nice,what about me?
PM Me to join

Set-up
Quote by METAL HEAD 89
ya im better cuz i have a squire and play alot

SHUT THE HELL UP!
you get ridiculed for bragging in one thread so you come to another?!
Nobody is impressed by you bragging over the internet!

Anyways, ON topic.
I have a hamer.
It's a fairly nice guitar, and i just learned to play floods all the way through.
So, i guess, sure.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
i dunno...i have a de armond M-75, and i think i'm only a little bit above average, (considering what average is around where i live). i don't know, but i'll take it.
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
i have a ****ty USED squire strat and 10 watt MG combo piece of crap, so yea im totally on par with my crap- i mean gear.

...::cries::
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by Telmob
damn it! i thought i was so original!

Don't worry man, it happens to the best of us.

Nice gear you've got, by the way.
Well, my guitar (epiphone SG) is not what i would choose agian. But it's alirght , i don' tihnk it holds me back roa nything, just not that great

meh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I have a Strat and a Traynor, I think I'm good enough. I think my gear is just where it should be for my skill level.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I'm the best hard-rock/blues guitarist I know, and I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio. But other genres, I can't play to save my life.
I guess pretty decent guitarist for the amount of time ive been playing (year and little bit) I have a godin freeway classic and a roland cube 30, I guess the gear is alright but my guitar is too bright for metal and yeah..... I'll probably be getting new gear in a year
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Don't worry man, it happens to the best of us.

Nice gear you've got, by the way.

lol i love my gear but am i good enough for it? my behringer's distortion is a piece of **** but i cant get rid of it....the effects make me so hot i cream my self........oh yah...thats right i went there *does the sizzling sound while touching his ass*
PM Me to join

Set-up
Quote by Telmob
lol i love my gear but am i good enough for it? my behringer's distortion is a piece of **** but i cant get rid of it....the effects make me so hot i cream my self........oh yah...thats right i went there *does the sizzling sound while touching his ass*

stay away
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey TransTube

I deserve so much more for this skill...
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
First Act Strat copy with a 10 amp first act amp...
unfortunately its a perfect match although i would like to get an epiphone les paul or sg cause im poor and dont deserve a gibson.
Quote by Telmob
lol i love my gear but am i good enough for it?

You're only as good as you feel. If you play the music with emotion, you are a musician. If you just play **** with no feeling, then you are not good enough for it. You don't have to be "good" to play music. Like I wrote in the Pro Guitars thread, even newbs can be good, as long as they don't brag about how good they are when they can't play a song yet. Even if they screw Iron Man, they can still be good. It's all about the feeling.

Play the hell out of your guitar, and you are good enough for it.
I have a Les Paul Studio and A Kustom 100-watt all tube half-stack. I'm not quite up to the skill level I want to be, but damn is it loud.
the lesser known of the 4
lol loud is good

your right about the emotion thing lespauls, theres this guy in my band and yah hes better than me at guitar but i have so much more heart than him. he sings like a robot and is flat, when i sang i let my heart bleed out my mouth its so emotional
PM Me to join

Set-up
I've always judged other guitarists by their creativety, their ability to carry out great theory into great playing and their love of the guitar as an instrument. So i guess i'll have to judge my own ability after those very same criteria.

I own an epiphone les paul custom and an ibanez SZ520 + a fender hot rod deville 212.

Creativety? Not the greatest, but not the worst.

Ability? Yes, i think so.

Love of instrument? Same as creativety.

So lets be honest and give myself a 7/10, and my gear a 6/10. Yeah, i think i'm worth more at the present, but my ability wouldn't survive another upgrade
I have an epiphone les paul special 2 that I got years ago... I am definetly good enough for my guitar. I need a new one, its missing its frickin rhythm/treble switch, the treble doesn't even work, i cant play any notes high up on the neck and have it sound in-tune, and the metal parts of the frets are kinda rusted. I am way too good for my guitar, hell, anyone is too good for my guitar.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by Telmob
lol loud is good

your right about the emotion thing lespauls, theres this guy in my band and yah hes better than me at guitar but i have so much more heart than him. he sings like a robot and is flat, when i sang i let my heart bleed out my mouth its so emotional

dont be so modest
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
dont be so modest

i love me too
PM Me to join

Set-up
Guitars

1.Gibson Les Paul Studio
2. Fender strat knockoff

Amp

Aria AG-20REC

For the guitar (the LP at least) i'm not good enough, but that's a reason i got it, so it'd be something i could grow into and use a long time.

The amp..i could probably use a better, but it's fine for now.
i have a Gibson Les Paul Studio, got it for 900. Im play a little classic rock, a lot of punk, and a lot of solos of any kind. its played through a crappy amp tho.
Guitars

1. Epiphone 1966 Caballero (acoustic)
2. Ibanez Rg 350 Dx 2004
3. First Act Me220 402
4. Squier P-bass

Amps

1. Line 6 Spider II 30watt
2. Fender Bass Amp 15 watt

Guitars I'm fine with right now, the amps I want to kill the sales person who sold the line 6 to me. Fuck you guitar center. But when hooked up to both amps I sound decent on them.Rp80 grrrrrr at guitar center again. I'm probarly going to get a silverdragon distortion pedal and a gnx 3000 soon. I

I'm a decent player the hardest song I can play is Tender Surrender by Steve Vai
ive got a gibson les paul standard...damn right im gd enough to play it...
ive bin playing about 4 1/2 yrs now and i think im pretty good...by my standards that means i can play most things that i want to play...and ot

my other guitars epi les paul....thought this was awesome....before i got the gibson...now its just ok...really nothin compared...

and i have a ibanex gax70 which tbh is a pile of wank and ive not played it in about 3 yrs...

the Gibson les paul is perfect for me...i like the heavy solid feel of it...means i can throw it around a bit on stage and not worry....not literally but i can jump around n stuff and ill always feel its presence....and the tone and playability is awesome...

its just perfect for the stuff my band plays...
What I have:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio (Faulty, has a number of things wrong with it)
Fender Princeton 650 (loud, toneless SS amp)

My skill? I play a lot of rhythm, I know most basic techniques (HO/PO, tapping, blah blah etc.) I don't know much theory, but I can improvise a bit, but I still suck. I can learn almost anything if I'm tought, except crazy shred stuff, or sweeping. I've only been playing a year...

I want a Gibson Les Paul Studio, and a Traynor YCV20 with a overdrive/distortion pedal. I Think I deserve it.

If I can't have a nice tube amp, then I at least want a guitar that isn't crap. (My guitar can't play barre chords in tune. Yes, intonation is perfect, it's tuned perfect, but the G string is always sharp on the first few frets. Same with B string.)
Last edited by Ignite at Jun 3, 2006,
i have an S101 (knockoff ofGibson SG like billie joe armstrong uses) and a vox amp and i got them both at christmas of 2005 i like playin van halen's aint talkin' 'bout love, nirvana songs, the cure songs and Mötley Crüe songs am i good enough for my gear? -not braggin just want to know-
I play mostly punk, and some Metallica, but mostly I just screw around and make riffs up and stuff. I have a Squier Strat and I hate the SSS pickups but the body's great for me.

I also have a Takamine EG series...I'm not good enough for that, because I can't get a great sound out of it by just strumming.

I also play bass on an Ibanez starter bass. I love bass.
i dont mean to brag, but im FFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR too good for my squier
i play thrash metal mostly, i have a squier