no i feel he gets enough credit, infact the only people involved in kiss that i dont think get enough credit are their pr and merchandising people. some of them have died to produce the amoutn of crap that kiss sell
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
After rock honors yea I DEF say so. I never looked at KISS as nothing more then an "attraction" there music KICKS ASS!
i think he should get a little more credit in the guitar world than he does.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I think he gets enough, he is usually on the best guitarist lists, I think Simmons gets too much credit as he is a douchebag.
Quote by farcry
I think he gets enough, he is usually on the best guitarist lists, I think Simmons gets too much credit as he is a douchebag.

I'll agree with that. Ace is the only reason i like KISS.

Ace's solo stuff blows KISS away. When KISS released their solo albums, guess who had the best?

Ace
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
hes definately a great guitar and gene simmons does get a little to much attention if u no wat i mean
Quote by farcry

Amen , I mean being all rockstar is cool to an extent but GOD OVER DONE!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Amen , I mean being all rockstar is cool to an extent but GOD OVER DONE!

amen brother
I'm kind of sick of all the Ace Frehley threads he keeps making.

I don't really like Kiss, he isn't a bad guitarist, but I wouldn't consider him an icon.
Quote by madbasslover
Until_it_sleeps for the motherfucking win!!!
I don't really care for Ace or Kiss. It's mostly about Gene simmons.

(If you want someone underrated, check out Marcel Coenen)
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
If anything he is far far far over rated... Even if everyone thought he sucked.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
Hmm..uh...I really don't think he is THAT underrated. He really didn't bring much new to the table. He is your typical blues-rock guy. However he was in one of the biggest bands ever so, he probably deserves a little more credit. But in terms of musical skill, he certainly ain't nothing special. And didn't Paul make most of the riffs?? (I may be wrong though)
I think everythiing associated with KISS is way overrated.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
no

^^
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Ace is really sweet. On "Alive 2" he does some sweet improv. if you need some proof that he is da bomb.
Well, talent-wise he doesn't seem to be anything really special. He didn't really have any hugely innovative tricks either. But I like KISS, and I think Gene gets too much attention. He really overshadows Ace and Paul.