i just met Dave Nichols ten minutes ago. the man who did the inlays for this: http://www.mguitar.com/history/million.php i met him at a bluegrass festival and his band played, i remembered his name from somewhere then the announcer said " Dave does inlays for martin guitar. So, i broke passed security and entered the backstage to meet him. he gave me his number, and i will be attending his guitar building school this summer. i will post later on my guitar. It should have kickass inlays on it since im learning from the best of the best.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
Oh, i always thought it was larry robinson who did the inlays one the 1 000 000th guitar.
It would have been cool to meet that guy though. Good luck at his school!

EDIT: Larry Robinson did do the 1 000 000th guitar, dave giulietti did the engraving.
Last edited by dave293 at Jun 3, 2006,
Those inlays are insane.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by dave293
Oh, i always thought it was larry robinson who did the inlays one the 1 000 000th guitar.
It would have been cool to meet that guy though. Good luck at his school!

EDIT: Larry Robinson did do the 1 000 000th guitar, dave giulietti did the engraving.

Im sorry, i meant to say: Dave said, "That there was three of us that worked on it. I did the fine engraving on the headstock and neck."

He also had a mandolin with him that he showed me. It was absolutly amazing. The inlays were all seashell. I was blown away at his guitar skills also.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
I've seen some of his work, it's amazing stuff.
It's cool meeting luthier who are great at what they do.

I can imagine them needing 3 people to do those inlays.
that guy has crazy skill
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join