Page 4 of 5
It's pretty damn awesome.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I still prefer Si Monvmentvm and Kenose, it might grow on me though.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
I still prefer Si Monvmentvm and Kenose, it might grow on me though.

idk myself yet, I'd say it's close.
I also like Chaining the Katechon, Mass Grave Aesthetics and Inquisitors of Satan more than I do the latest.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Oh, you like the EPs more ? Weird. Anyways, I haven't heard Inquisitors of Satan, is it different from their current style of playing ? I've heard their older stuff was a lot more black metal oriented.
Yeah, the albums before Si Monvmentvm are straight up black metal.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I thought more people around these parts dug deathspell, everyone should check out paracletus.
Does that mean you don't like it, or you're too busy listening to it ?
Quote by jibran
http://vasiliy.faronov.name/misc/dsogen/
Deathspell Omega lyric generator

New album is fantastic.

Their stuff sounds effing hard to play. Though I shall comb the web for some tabs.

Those look like the stuff I've written!
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
This band is so sick. Unlike anything I've ever heard. Amazed by the album as well.
The controlled chaos is so fucking excellent. I have no words for it. It's just an experience, really.

Dear god, that riff in Abcission at 4:17. Epic.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
The controlled chaos is so fucking excellent. I have no words for it. It's just an experience, really.

Dear god, that riff in Abcission at 4:17. Epic.

I agree. They've slowly crept in my listening habits, and the other day I realised that they have the most plays out of all my bands.

I still need to find out how they play certain parts.
I want to know how they get the tone on Fas and how they play half the stuff on it in general.

Also, I seriously need to find out who the members are. Especially the drummer because they don't have any info on him at all.

edit:

Plus the main section of Epiklesis II/Apokatastasis Pantôn was one of the best things I heard last year.
Last edited by jibran at Mar 2, 2011,
Paracletus is starting my work binge for the next six hours. Godspeed.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
BUMP

Holy fucking shit. The trilogy is so epic. I've been listening to the whole thing for a couple of weeks now, and it's excellent music.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Would of listened to the trilogy last night, but one of the dudes forgot to bring records so Kenose was not there. Just did Fas and Paracletus. Paracletus really hit me last night. way harder than ever before.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Didn't bring Kenose!? Ah.

Anyway, yeah listening to the trilogy (E.P's included) is such a mind-blowing experience.
Does Ci Monumentum count as part one or Kenose? i forgot. That dude had that one as well apparently. We did'nt really plan it, i just brought Fas randomly and my buddy owns Paracletus.**** this band is way too good.
Quote by Steve08

I love how each of the albums feels to musically convey the person and conflict behind each album. Like the Third Prayer in Si Monumentum feels completely divine, whereas Omombration sounds very satanic, and Apokatastasis sounds human. You guys think the same?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by technicolour
so are they done..or they gonna keep going?

I certainly hope they keep going, they are one of the few bands which still always puts out good and interesting material.
I mean, as a band they should keep going. Following the pattern, there may be an ep after Paracletus.

Quote by darkstar2466
I love how each of the albums feels to musically convey the person and conflict behind each album. Like the Third Prayer in Si Monumentum feels completely divine, whereas Omombration sounds very satanic, and Apokatastasis sounds human. You guys think the same?

Hmm that's an intriguing idea.
Fvck man, the most vicious vocals on the planet, seriously whenever Mikko starts growling in French in sounds so fvcking intense. 8:13 in Chaining the Katechon is the ultimate example.
^ Because he genuinely sounds evil...

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I sincerely hope they release an EP at end of this year to truly close the trilogy (just following a pattern), and then next year we get a full length. But even if they don't release an EP, I don't mind because I have to say Apokatastasis Pantôn is a fvcking amazing closer.
2:14 of Sola Fide I is a thing of beauty
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I've decided that Kenose is most likely my favourite release slightly beating out Chaining the Katechon.
Kenose seems to really reveal it'self slowly, it took me quite a few listens before really getting it, sign of a great release. I odd haven't been compelled to listen to the newest one, it is good material, but doesn't quite do it for me.
Quote by Steve08

Yeah, first time I listened to the Kenose, I appreciated the tracks but it took me a few listens to fully actually love it as a whole.

Do you mean Paracletus?
I thought it was great. Personally I think it has some of the best material they've ever done, though they way the album is structured slightly puts me off. Still pretty awesome.

Have you listened to Chaining the Katechon? That may be the most furious thing I've ever listened to. So crazily intense.

Also, do you guys think that theoretically decided to play live, do you think they'd be able to actually play the songs well and consistently (Fas in particular)? Later Deathspell material sounds fvcking difficult.
Paracletus was a good record, it seemed to have lost of the more occult sounding vibes that were present on Fas that made that album so amazing to me. Hard to put my finger on it, maybe to much of a post rock vibe, i do enjoy post rock but i just found Fas way more pleasing. Chaining The Katechon blew me away on first listen, i should go revisit that, it's been over a year, it is quite furious.

I have no idea how they even did some of the stuff they did as it was,it would probably be possible, but due to all the layering and such it would probably be a modified version.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Paracletus was a good record, it seemed to have lost of the more occult sounding vibes that were present on Fas that made that album so amazing to me. Hard to put my finger on it, maybe to much of a post rock vibe, i do enjoy post rock but i just found Fas way more pleasing. Chaining The Katechon blew me away on first listen, i should go revisit that, it's been over a year, it is quite furious.

I have no idea how they even did some of the stuff they did as it was,it would probably be possible, but due to all the layering and such it would probably be a modified version.

Yeah, it definitely sounded sinister but it wasn't as 'evil' exactly.

I listen to Chaining twice a day without getting bored, I should really stop

Yeah, you listen to the shit on Fas and wonder how the hell they do that. They could certainly play the SMRC stuff, but the stuff later would be real difficult.
Yeah,well think Chore For The Lost, just getting a song like that together live would be insane. The drumming is also insane on that album but doesn't really sound triggered to me, but for all we know it could just be the best programming job ever.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Yeah,well think Chore For The Lost, just getting a song like that together live would be insane. The drumming is also insane on that album but doesn't really sound triggered to me, but for all we know it could just be the best programming job ever.

I came to the conclusion is was real drumming a while ago, there's a great natural feeling to it. If there is still a chance it is programming, that's crazy.