So, I was at Guitar Center, looking at Ibanezes, and I found a really good one, an RGT320Q. So, I was looking around to find an amp to plug in to. Well, I was looking for something really good to plug it in to, as it's a great guitar, and great guitars don't deserve to be plugged in to MGs. I was looking for a Soldano, but I didn't actually find one until after my Diezel experience, and at that point, some morbidly obese kid with sunglasses playing some nu-metal on a Jackson was using it. So, one of the guys asked if I wanted to see the boutique things in the vault. Naturally, I did. He also told me about a nice Diezel in there. So, I played it. Words cannot describe how amazing it sounded. Pinch harmonics, something I normally have a bit of trouble with on my amp, became extremely easy. After 15 minutes or so of playing, I decided that I must get the amp. Of course, I didn't have the cash, so I planned to save up for it. I'm looking at Diezel's site right now, and the amp I played is called the Herbert.

Okay, after all of that backstory, here's my question: how much does it go for? I must buy that amp, because it is the first amp I've ever played that immediately clicked with me.
Isn't it like $3000-$4000?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Hey dude, the Herbert is an amazing amp. It'l set you back about what the others said, 3-4k.
Its on the high side of 4 grand for the amp itself, look to pay the OTHER arm and leg for the cab.

I played one at guitar center as well, great amp. Though in all honesty.. Its a tonefreak's amp.. You can find amazingly easy pinch harmonics and high gain asskickery elsewhere for half the price...

I wouldn't know where to begin reccomendations, though. But if you're gonna pay $5k for a halfstack at least know what the baby can do (hint hint, go look it up, man, you might fall even more in love with it!)

EDIT:

I remember that feeling. It was after the first time I heard a Powerball. My heart skipped a beat <3 it was almost like meeting meh girlfriend. Almost.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Jun 3, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Its on the high side of 4 grand for the amp itself, look to pay the OTHER arm and leg for the cab.

I played one at guitar center as well, great amp. Though in all honesty.. Its a tonefreak's amp.. You can find amazingly easy pinch harmonics and high gain asskickery elsewhere for half the price...

I wouldn't know where to begin reccomendations, though. But if you're gonna pay $5k for a halfstack at least know what the baby can do (hint hint, go look it up, man, you might fall even more in love with it!)

EDIT:

I remember that feeling. It was after the first time I heard a Powerball. My heart skipped a beat <3 it was almost like meeting meh girlfriend. Almost.

Yeah, I looked it up. It's extremely versatile. I guess I'd probably be better off with a Mesa Double or Triple Rec.
Jesus, Diezels at GC? I'm lucky if I can find a micro cube LOL. I agree with genocide though, there's no way I'd pay $4k for an amp, unless I won the lottery. I'm sure you can find something better, more versatile, and just as "boutique" in something half the price (Engl, Framus, etc.) Although I've never played one (Herbs) so I don't really know if it is tEh SeXx or not lol.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
Quote by JimiMan1535
Jesus, Diezels at GC? I'm lucky if I can find a micro cube LOL. I agree with genocide though, there's no way I'd pay $4k for an amp, unless I won the lottery. I'm sure you can find something better, more versatile, and just as "boutique" in something half the price (Engl, Framus, etc.) Although I've never played one (Herbs) so I don't really know if it is tEh SeXx or not lol.

It's the one in Nashville, Music City, USA (we've got like 10 guitar stores, lol), so there's a great selection.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jun 3, 2006,
Nice.

Only thing near botique at my stores are the Mesa's. Unless I want to drive for a few hours out to LA.