Well, I've composed another piece, probably really repetitive, because it seems like I'm good at that sort of thing, but I like it. Hopefully you guys will too. Oh, and if you ever try to play the chorus, use slides, because that's how I play it, but slides in PTB sound awful... anyway, crit for crit.
Attachments:
Blind Sight.zip
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Its good.
Not my style
A little too kinda depressing
But Nice simple leads

The one thing i would suggest is to take out the clean parts and just meld the rest of it together.
Epi LP--->Digitech RP3--->Crate GT-200
it sounds good and all but many of the parts sounds very familiar, i liked a few of the parts, like the breakdown and on. but i don't know... the verse, chorus and prechorus all sound way too familiar to me. if you'd like to crit my songs there are 2 on the front page(styx inspired and pork choppy poopy pants). so have at it.
lol ok... nice names to those. and maybe I'll do that, but I like the way it sounds now. Perhaps I could take out the clean parts, but then there's alot of structure lost. thanks for the crits
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Oh, and metal, I know this is delayed, but if you want a crit later, pm me or something.
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
great, its great... thats it... purely great......

it all fits together great and i bet it'd sound good in real life.
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
My biggest problem was with the synth strings. Just through listening to the piece (I prefer to have my eyes closed when listening to music, which makes it easier to listen to the subtle variations, and harder to drive...), I don't know if the notes were off, or if it was a poor choice of instruments, but it was too much of a clash for me to get past.

When I first started listening to the song, I thought it was going to be some ripoff of the Staind feel (I wonder if that's how you spell that band's name..?)... In other words, whiney and depressing with no climax. I was pleasantly surprised when I was proven wrong, though. There was almost a sense of revolt, of rage, of liberation...

Part of me says this piece sucked, and another said it was awesome. Seeing as I enjoy music, I'm going with the latter. Good job!

If you would care to check my latest out, that'd be ... swell ...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372490
Intro was great. Very hooking. Very much my style, too.
Loved the verse as well. Except, the synth crap behind it sounded really bad. I dunno why, it just did. Very out of place.
Chorus seems kind of bland. Not much variation in rhythm.
Liked the Pre-Verse. Again, my style.
Time for a change is pretty cool. Very hooking as well.
Breakdown is awesome. Not the typical metalcore breakdown, IMO. I liked it a lot.

Overall, pretty damn good. I liked it.
Spiral Out
Thanks everyone, and I think I might rethink the synth part now since no one except me really likes it. I might put some bells or something weird in there then, or maybe just leave it entirely plain, but then I think it would get boring. Hmm. I'll work on it. Thanks again guys.
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2