hi i was wondering what some of your opinions were on the PRS Mark Tremonti guitar. ive been considering buying one if i can find the actual one, not hte student edition. i was wondering whether it actually sounds great like ive heard. thanx.
since ill prolly be asked this, i play almost any kind rock(i love creed and alter bridge!) and blues.
Meh, it's still a good guitar but you can get more in a Custom 24. It has that gawdawfully fat neck and the singlecut, which limits upper fret access, whereas in a Custom 24 you get the Wide/Thin or regular, and double cutaway with much better access (although you still have the heel from hell). The Tremonti pickups sound pretty sweet, but you can always put them in the other guitar. If you like the shape, neck, and don't do much lead playing go for it, but If you don't like them check out a 24.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
neck joint from hell? well that depends..... actually nevermind, PRS neck joints suck....... Personally I'd get a schecter and drop in the PRS electrics, then you'd get a terrific neck joint, the best workmanship on the mass produced market, and oodles of tremonti goodness.... all without looking like him, or having that joint
So lets see if i have this correct, the pickups are great?
yeah i like the singlecut body, always have. im gonna try to head to a PRS dealer and try out the neck. i doubt it would be that big a problem considering i have fairly large hands lol.
How bad are the neck joints on a PRS?
Eventually Ibanez4life will come through here and help you as he is a tremonti \/\/hore and knows everything about his stuff. so i suggest sit tight and wait for him he will help you and from experience he does know what he is talking about so you can listen to him and trust what he says.
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
alright thanx. i htink i might have to start worshiping ibanex4life cuase im almost fully obsessed with mark tremonti's playing. do you think sending him a pm to inform him about the thread would help? lol
you could send him a PM but he is on all the time and will notice the thread sooner or later
What do you need to know about Tremonti? I'm quite a big fan myself lol.

PRS Heel

Although a singlecut would be even worse because you have a big chunk of body there like an LP instead of just neck.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
OUCH! the guitar on the left looks almost painful! On my sisters knockoff LP(with what we think is Gibson pickups) i dont have any big problems getting into the top frets even though im not there much yet lol!
I listen to Alter Bridge and Creed about 80% of the time . ive read tons on him and his rig too. im jsut beginning to become a full on obsesser if you know what i mean lol
Yea, that's a custom 22 though, the 24 is a bit smaller, I have one, and an old CE-24, and they both play great, it's just the 22 where it becomes a problem. Both play better than the Singlecuts though IMO.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
Just got your PM! I'll try my best to help!

First of all, what is the remainder of your gear? The guitar is going to set you back $2000-$3000, depending where you find one. You should have an amazing rig before you lay out for a guitar like it.

Well, quite simply, it is my dream guitar. I have never played one, but I love PRS guitars, and I love the singlecuts. Actually, when I save some more money, I plan to purchase a singlecut trem with PRS tremonti pickups, as they don't sell his trem models to the public. Closest you can get to the guitars he mostly uses now.

The tremonti pickups are amazing! I have them in my Ibanez SZ, and they really really rock.

Yes, it is a great guitar.

Is it worth the huge price tag? Only if the remainder of your rig is perfect....you should have an amazing amp/pedals/cables, etc. before you invest in such a guitar. If you play the tremonti through a lower/mid end amp amp, it will sound just like a much much cheaper guitar. You need a great setup to do it justice.

Most of tremonti's tone is in the remainder of his rig. If you're looking to improve your tone, you should look into a much cheaper guitar (if you're hoping to upgrade) and put most of your money into the amp.
See i told you he would come and as usual he helps out
you were right syn!
yeah i was told by a little birdy that you would come lol. well my cables are great. Ive got some monster cables comin in the mail My mom is thinking about splitting the cost of the guitar with me and I should be getting a new amp of my choice for christmas. Even though thats a long way away i can tide myself over.
the amp i have now is bad but its nothe greatest thing in the world either. its just a little peavey 10w. im working on getting some good pedals overthe summer with my new job. ibanez, you and me are gonna haveto talk about all things tremonti one of these days.
Well... don't blow 3000 on a guitar if you have a $200 amp. Sure the guitar your playing is a big deal, but I'd split the cost evenly and get a new amp!

What's your background; how long have you been playing, and are you an active musician or just do it as a hobby?

And just because you love Tremonti isn't a reason to get the guitar. There are many guitars that would be considered a helluva better value, or even get a production PRS without the pricetage of the name.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
Yeah.....if you have a 10 watt Peavey, you do not want to lay out the money for the tremonti. IMO, to have a guitar like that, the remainder of your rig should be worth atleast $3000......

I'd have your mom help you buy a nice amp....split the cost on that, and spend the $1500 you'll have left (you spend $1500 on the amp, your mom pays half) on a very nice guitar, or spend about $500 of it for now, and save for the Tremonti.

But do not get that guitar to be played through a little ****ty amp. It's not worth it. At all.
yeah i know my amp isnt really greta for a good guitar but what i was trying to say in my llast post was that for this christmas im gonna ask for an amp and ill get whatever one i want and if its too expensive by then ill have enough money to help with it. so ill only have to wait about half a year till i can geta good amp. i agreee that it wont sound good until then though
well i wouldnt say loaded. maybe upper middle class? if its too much then ill have to fork over some money to help with the bill. one year i got a computer worth about 1,000$ so im sure i can get up to there without having to help
EDIT: thatll also be my only present
i own the tremonti se

it is a kick ass guitar

it can play anything, blues, metal, rock, punk, hardcore, i have tried it all and it handles it well

i love the neck as well

it also handles different tunings well
so dont be afriad to change tunings

the pickups are amazing, it has a little bit a a twangy sound but it souns great when you play master of puppets lol

note: use the neck humbucker for clean sounds, that is what it is for

use the bridge humbucker for distortion or else yo uwill get a bass sound and not a metal sound

there you go

it is great but expensive
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Last edited by Guitarplaya27 at Jun 8, 2006,