the BOSS DS-1 isnt all THAT wonderful. I use it through a clean amp setting, and the picking is still rather muddy and just, bleh sounding at times. However, if you happen to be a player of punk or another genre that uses primarily power chords, the pedal's very good for those
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
what amp do u have. what music do u play, whats ur budget? and this is the wrong section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no not digitech...they are so digital that its embarassing

Boss isnt too bad. Not the best..
The best idea is to go into a store, and try out the pedals. My best suggestion is go for the Digitech pedals. they have multiple distortion pedals, ranging in amount of distortion. I personally use a Bad Monkey Overdrive Pedal and a Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
I'd go with a BOSS Metal-Zone.
It's a little pricey, but worth it.
Coheed and Cambria

Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
what do the frets actually do apart from seperating one note from another?
bleah

id go with a line6 uber metal

boss makes nice effects, but their distortions completely suck IMO

or... for more variety, a rocktron silver dragon. gives a nice tube overdrive and can also give a reallllly heavy sound when cranked
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
LINE 6 UBER METAL!!!!

I have one it's my favorite thing in my pedalboard, if I lost it or got it stolen I'd kill someone, you can get kickass distortion out of it easily but tone's tweak-necessary...and to boot you get a noise gate and scoop
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
Keeley modded ds-1 ultra I just put one on order
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2