Hello all,

I need some help coming up with a decent solo for this chord progression. It needs to be pretty upbeat, and unfortunately, all I can come up with is blues scale stuff. Any ideas would be welcome, just please have TAB.

The Progression:

e||--2-0-------
B||--3-2-------
G||--2-2-5-----
D||--0-2-5-5-7-
A||----0-3-5-7-
E||--------3-5-

I need the solo to be roughly twelve bars, and bending and legato is welcome.

Thanks in advance
1: No one is going to write your solo for you. Do it yourself or don't do it all; otherwise it's meaningless.

2: Something in the key of G or D should do you fine.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
D, A, C5, G5, A5.....

D major scale should be ok. and yeah, you really should do it yourself, it's a good learning experience.
Meh i rele don't blame u for not writing ur own solo. It is rele hard but just try playing around on ur guitar till u get something that flows..Thats wut i do
Quote by vanceboy
D, A, C5, G5, A5.....

D major scale should be ok. and yeah, you really should do it yourself, it's a good learning experience.
Avoid C# when you play the C chord and maybe the G (tritone thing, don't bother yourself about it if you don't know what I'm talking about, but it could sound cool if it is used properly). You could use D mixolydian (D E F# G A B C) over the C.
Also, some things will work over the entire progression!
- Gmajor pentatonic
- Dmajor pentatonic
- Eminor pentatonic
- Bminor pentatonic
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
I only know the basics of music theory - that's why I requested tablature. I don't want someone to actually write a solo for me, I am looking for good ideas only. Thanks to everyone for tips, but I don't know the scales as posted. Tab of scales would be helpful - is there somewhere I can find that or can anyone post it? TIA, again.
Just mess around with the blues scale of each chord to start. Find some different ideas and then ways to get from one to another. Thats a decent way to start.

D, A, C5, G5, A5

So D blues over the D, A blues over the A....etc.
Quote by ukdudeinuk
So D blues over the D, A blues over the A....etc.
That's very hard to actually pull off.

You can get scale fingerings at wholenote.com. Click "basics" and use the scale finder.
Quote by vanceboy
D, A, C5, G5, A5.....

d major has C sharp.....
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Cool. Thanks for the website I'll check it out now. Also thanks for the tips. I'll give 'em a shot and see what I come up with and try to post it when I get it together.
I checked out Wholenote.com and went over all the scale charts. I could not find any in tab and cannot figure out how the dot charts work. I learned by using tab and wasn't taught how to use degrees or how to use these charts. I did learn how to use the chord charts through trial and error. Can anyone explain how dot charts work? Thanks.
how about A pentonic minor? at least start with that cuz it looks like the progression starts on D and resolves to A, maybe C major would work well (i know i'll get flamed cuz c majors minor equivalent is A minor and not A major, but the root notes of his song flow in a minor pentatonic type progression D A C G A)
Quote by z4twenny
how about A pentonic minor?
I don't like it. The riff sounds like it's in D.

Quote by guitar_storm
I checked out Wholenote.com and went over all the scale charts. I could not find any in tab and cannot figure out how the dot charts work. I learned by using tab and wasn't taught how to use degrees or how to use these charts. I did learn how to use the chord charts through trial and error. Can anyone explain how dot charts work? Thanks.
The dot charts show you where to put your fingers. Each vertical bar represents a fret and each horizontal bar represents a string, the string closest to the bottom of your screen being the low E string. The little numbers show you which fret the scale is on the fretboard.