Page 1 of 2
do any of you know what it says? i cant find it on google anywhere
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

dude your sig. is funny so what i have to say is yes hendrix is alive. and hes partying with elvis in a strip club in las vegas!
There is no "suicide poem". The note was originally thought to be a suicide note, but then they realized that it was the lyrics to the song Hendrix was writing, "First Rays Of The New Rising Sun", which btw is the name of an album released a couple of years back that had a whole bunch of unreleased songs.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
^yeah, why would he commit suicide? he had such a good life, he had succseded and became the owner of his dream job, and in all the videos and dvds he looks so happy...
Quote by -AliceCooper
^yeah, why would he commit suicide? he had such a good life, he had succseded and became the owner of his dream job, and in all the videos and dvds he looks so happy...

It's kind of hard not to looked happy when your blitzed out of your skull 24/7.
No, he didn't commit suicide. He just choked on his own puke cause he got too drunk and took too many pills. It is something that almost happened to Jimi several times before, and then it finally got him one night. That's why you need to roll people over when they pass out, kiddies.
Quote by jayr123guitar
He didn't commit suicide, obviously. You are seeking something that does not exist.

It exists. It is a poem/song they found in Hendrixs hotel room where he died. It's sad/depressing, so some people believe it was Jimis suicide letter.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Quote by acdc101
It exists. It is a poem/song they found in Hendrixs hotel room where he died. It's sad/depressing, so some people believe it was Jimis suicide letter.

Well he was a musician/songwriter so it wouldnt be strange to find alot of poems or songs.

We all know the reason for his death and it was obviously a tragic accident.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Well, it shouldnt be a surprise if something like that was really written by Jimi, specially because he sold his soul to the devil.

Believers says that, as Robert Johnson and Eric Clapton did, amongst others, Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his musical genius, one cold october night with a full moon fillin up the sky, in the middle of the crossroads where Highway 49 intersects with Highway 61, at the south end of Rosedale City, Mississipi.

Maybe that poem contained a warning that Jimi wanted to left to all of us, or maybe it was a proposition...

Quote by God_Clapton
Well, it shouldnt be a surprise if something like that was really written by Jimi, specially because he sold his soul to the devil.

Believers says that, as Robert Johnson and Eric Clapton did, amongst others, Jimi Hendrix sold his soul to the devil in exchange for his musical genius, one cold october night with a full moon fillin up the sky, in the middle of the crossroads where Highway 49 intersects with Highway 61, at the south end of Rosedale City, Mississipi.

Maybe that poem contained a warning that Jimi wanted to left to all of us, or maybe it was a proposition...

That is the biggest load of bollacks i have ever heard..Ive never heard anything about eric clapton selling his soul or jimi hendrix.
Quote by fronkpies
That is the biggest load of bollacks i have ever heard..Ive never heard anything about eric clapton selling his soul or jimi hendrix.

"I never heard of that, then it must be the biggest load of bollacks i have ever heard", What kind of ape are you man? Yeez... the things you have to deal with...
Quote by God_Clapton

lol...i know right where thats at...i'm from vicksburg, MS...you from around there?
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
lol...i know right where thats at...i'm from vicksburg, MS...you from around there?

No... t yet....
Quote by Maet
It's kind of hard not to looked happy when your blitzed out of your skull 24/7.

how could he have that type of musical genius if he was high all the time?
Quote by -AliceCooper
how could he have that type of musical genius if he was high all the time?

How could he have that musical genius?? Alice, no offence, but have you heard Jimi?

And... drugs are believed to be bad because daddy told us so, but actually, "in my opinion", drugs are usefull if you want to open your mind and explore your senses...
I have this weird fantasy where i made special brownies and invited George Bush, Osama Bin Laden and the Directive boards of the Oil Companies to enjoy them and well... peace for 100000 years.
Quote by God_Clapton

And... drugs are believed to be bad because daddy told us so, D

Dont forget all those years of scientific research now
Quote by -AliceCooper

he was actually pretty run down at the end of his life. he wanted to slow down, but he couldn't, and so many people believe he killed himself becaus eit was too much.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Quote by acdc101

He didn't die in a hotel room. He died at a friend's house.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by -AliceCooper

Say that to Kurt Cobain.

Quote by fronkpies
Dont forget all those years of scientific research now

In this instance, "scientific research" means "a couple guys obtaining a legal way to smoke pot."
Proud member of The Bass Militia! PM IndieMetalhead to join!

Quote by Fast_Bear
You know your a Bassist when you practice near the ocean, and whales respond.
Last edited by PenumbralFigure at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by God_Clapton

are you paid to act like a retard or were you born with asperges?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by God_Clapton

Actually, technically, that spot is "Where the Southern cross the Dog," which is a railroad crossing where WC Handy claimed to hear a man playing a guitar with the dull side of a knife, whom he credits with the first form of blues and slide guitar he ever heard.

Also, Highway 61 and 49 intersect at two different spots, so it's unsure where this myth took place.

Also, it says that the devil also takes the persons life at age 27, which is the age Hendrix and Robert Johnson died, but clapton traded his sons life to live past 27.

Its pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.mrjumbo.com/contents/delta99/3delta/moorhead.html[/IMG[
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by fenderfreak101
Actually, technically, that spot is "Where the Southern cross the Dog," which is a railroad crossing where WC Handy claimed to hear a man playing a guitar with the dull side of a knife, whom he credits with the first form of blues and slide guitar he ever heard.

Also, Highway 61 and 49 intersect at two different spots, so it's unsure where this myth took place.

Also, it says that the devil also takes the persons life at age 27, which is the age Hendrix and Robert Johnson died, but clapton traded his sons life to live past 27.

Finnaly someone who is enough open minded to believe that there are things that exists but can't be seen... like music...
Quote by fenderfreak101

That's pretty freaky. Got any links?
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Sherman901
That's pretty freaky. Got any links?

Try goggle it sherman, i'll post something about it soon
Quote by fenderfreak101

where do 61N and 49 intersect in two spots...i can only think of one.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
UGH. Apparently no one feels like answering the question.

The story of life
Is quicker than the wink of an eye
The story of love
Is hello and goodbye
Until we meet again.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by fenderfreak101

forgive me for being an idiot but does that mean hendrix's music is the devils music? or atleast his talent? i dont mean to sound dumb or anything but is that what it means or could mean?
Quote by Shadowz_at_Dawn
forgive me for being an idiot but does that mean hendrix's music is the devils music? or atleast his talent? i dont mean to sound dumb or anything but is that what it means or could mean?

All rock/metal is the devil's music. You're hearing it from the man himself.
Quote by Shadowz_at_Dawn

No, hendrix's music is hendrix's music, the devil just gave him his guitar and composition skills in exchange for his soul.
Quote by God_Clapton
No, hendrix's music is hendrix's music, the devil just gave him his guitar and composition skills in exchange for his soul.

but how can anyone be sure he sold his soul, and how do people know this? or is it just speculation?
Quote by Shadowz_at_Dawn
but how can anyone be sure he sold his soul, and how do people know this? or is it just speculation?

its just speculation...
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Shadowz_at_Dawn

Its just a matter of faith Shadowz...like music, its a mistical thing. Have you ever felt possessed by a song? And pacts with dieties and devils aint a new thing, humans have been doing it for thousands of years, and still do.
Quote by God_Clapton

Ok belive what you want to belive but stop saying things like there facts
Quote by God_Clapton

Sorry to be so rude and uncouth but would you please SHUT THE F.UCK UP ABOUT THAT F.UCKING LEGEND?!?! You're in a classic rock forum, everyone will have heard it and you're just boring the s.hit out of me and I'm guessing a few other people right now, go and read up on some other myths like Paul is dead or something, Jeez . . .

EDIT: Fronkpies you seem to have your head screwed on, plus you're a fellow Merseysider

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Last edited by Froddy at Jun 6, 2006,
Quote by VoodooChild15
UGH. Apparently no one feels like answering the question.

The story of life
Is quicker than the wink of an eye
The story of love
Is hello and goodbye
Until we meet again.

VoodooChild is right.

Why did you have to beat me to it?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Quote by God_Clapton

Have you just joined this forum to put across this view? I've read three posts from you and everyone has been saying the same thing.
Quote by God_Clapton

Your first post EVER in this forum...

Quote by God_Clapton
I think that that night the devil came to reclaim his property, Jimi Hendrix's soul.

For real.

Second post...

But, John wasn't just a musician, he could have been (and really was for some) a revolutionary, a spiritual leader for humanity. Because of that the CIA murdered him.

A fraction of your third post...

If you're a classic rock fan you have to listen to the Yardbirds, maybe the best rock band ever: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page on guitars... Follow...

Ninth post...

Is Rock Dead? In my opinion yes, i mean, as cultural and spiritual movement, its all too damn fkg comercial and stupid to be real rock. However, rock still exists in our souls and our classic rock cds, but if we are talking about the music "industry" and its latest creations, i agree... cow crap... honestly, i dont know how old are you, but im sure you'll understand... what could we expect of the labels after the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls era? THE DUMBASS ERA... thats reality nowadays... and thats why Cobain commited suicide...

But this is another thread... :P

Twelth post (threads closed, and i'm too lazy to manually edit in the quote tags)...

i think i know who you are... and i think you're pathetic fronkpies... but even though if i hurted you somehow, please forgive me... forgive me... ok?

Fourteenth, and a hilarious misconception worth exploiting...

There is something else than that lame discussion about Pop vs. Rock, and those ambiguous adjectives like "good music" and "bad music", i mean.. where are we? at kindergarden?.

There was a time when Rock was a cultural movement, a phylosophy. There was a time when rock was attached to our lives and to the world, against war and hunger, against lies and violence, and people believed in it and lived for it.

The last song ive heard about the war was a stupid and awful song called "Wake me up when september ends" played by some idiots, called Greenday, who like to put make up on and spend more time in front of a mirror than playing the guitar. And they are selling millons of records... Please if youre brave enough to leave kindergarden today you should listen "With God on our side", by Bob Dylan...

Got it now?

Fifteenth...

How could he have that musical genius?? Alice, no offence, but have you heard Jimi?

And... drugs are believed to be bad because daddy told us so, but actually, "in my opinion", drugs are usefull if you want to open your mind and explore your senses...
I have this weird fantasy where i made special brownies and invited George Bush, Osama Bin Laden and the Directive boards of the Oil Companies to enjoy them and well... peace for 100000 years.

In my opinion yes, rock is dead as cultural and spiritual movement, its all too damn fkg comercial and stupid to be real rock. Bands usually are cuties who spend more time in front of mirrors than playing the guitar or writing lyrics, and thats a fact, pure hard rock chords and lame ideas.

Im not plannin to start another no-ending discussion about Pop vs. Rock, and Im far from those ambiguous adjectives like "good music" and "bad music", i left kindergarden some years ago. Dont take me wrong, i respect your music preferences, but just remember that there was a time when Rock was a phylosophy, a point of view, a cultural movement that fought against war and hunger, against violence and lies, and that people believed in it and lived for it. There was a time when punk rockers were ugly!! Things like that doesnt happen anymore.. why? Well, what was the last song ive heard about the war?... Wake me up when september ends... please compare it to "With God on Our Side" or "John Brown" by Bob Dylan... and you tell me...

Dylan played minutes before Martin Luther King pronounced that famous "I had a dream", and what about Pink Floyd and the Wall, or John Lennon and Vietnam... And now? WHO? Ashlee simpson?

However, pure rock still exists in our souls and in our classic rock cds, but if we are talking about the music "industry" and its latest creations, i agree with my fellow bonchie1... cow crap... honestly, what could we expect of the labels after the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls era? THE DUMBASS ERA... thats reality nowadays... and thats why Cobain commited suicide... I can't even smell any kind of spirit now... just hair gel.

Sixteenth...

You know what, I'm losing count. I'll just add the rest...

Read it again monkey, I said.. "dead as a cultural movement!"... and by the way, rock was born in order to express the social conscience of that time...

Its enough fronkpies, you're not at the level of this debate, please stop harrasing people and being retarded. Try using arguments and well based ideas... im getting tired of that ironic pseudohumor, really, neither funny or interesting...

Finnaly, someone with Arguments!! someone who "READ" the post! I understand what youre saying gimme_shelter, you dont need to be so violent to express yourself, these are just opinions...

Well I do not agree with you when you say that there arent enough political issues to write lyrics about, thousands of people die of HUNGER in Africa everyday, what about Aids, what about pollution, and Iraq a small war? How many americans have died there? how many iraquies dies per day? An what about Iran and its nuclear program? or violent childhoods, awful parenthoods, and the list goes on... and do you know whats the worst of all this? People's indiference...

There are political issues to write about, but rock artists and people dont pay any attention to them.

And obviously, rock nowadays is accepted as something common and normal, because of its LACK OF COMPROMISE, do you think that Bush started reconsidering war after listening to My Humps? Or Osama Bin Laden is a better person after listening to Foo Fighters... yeez...

And Nirvana IS commercial, but some time ago... it wasnt...

Iain, c'mon man... what would i discuss with you?, you just said that you feel music as a way to express yourself and that society is wrong and shouldnt be expressed... there are no arguments, its just an hermetic idea.
Yawn, he just pointed some phrases of my post and nothing else... where are the ideas to discuss???
And that one called fronkpies, well... not too much to say...

Its just a matter of faith Shadowz...like music, its a mistical thing. Have you ever felt possessed by a song? And pacts with dieties and devils aint a new thing, humans have been doing it for thousands of years, and still do.

I've been researching a little more and I found that Johnson wasn't the first and only bluesman that alleged to have made a pact with the devil. A couple of bluesmen before Johnson even started playing, also from the delta, used to tell people that they had had encounters with the devil as well.

Merciful meatballs, shut the fuck up. A good portion. Maybe 3/4's of your posts in this forum all deal with the devil and spirituality in some way or another. Keep in mind I couldn't cite all of your posts because there are character restrictions in posting.

If your profile is accurate, your 22 years old. Grow the fuck up already. That damn recurring Led Zeppelin elitist prick who gets banned before you can say "meat-spin" is probably more mature than you. If anything for the fact that he's the epitome and most obvious example of verbal irony, whether or not he means to be, ever.

The very fact that you're arguing about spirituality ON THE INTERNET pretty much makes your opinions void.

And allow me to make this perfectly clear. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE SOMTHING, DOESN'T MAKE IT MYSTICAL.

Holy crap... I'm breathing air right now... I can't see it, so it must be magic!!

And what's this?? Radio waves!! Elves are magically apparating music from stations hundreds of kilometers away directly to my head!! SORCERY!!!

OM*G!!!11!`1! THE INTERNET!!! It has no physical form, but there it is! Bill Gates and Steve Jobbs must've sold their souls to the devil for this!!

You're exactly like that weird kid who hangs around the cool clique telling people your lame ass retarded stories. No one's listening, and no one cares.
Last edited by Maet at Jun 6, 2006,
Maet, I salute you. You have said exactly what I wanted to say but was too lazy to say so just ended up writing shut the **** up to him.

This is going to sound extremely hypocritical of me but I couldn't help but smile with your comment about the internet - I just watched a program on the curse of the Omen which said that the internet is the anti-christ - 666 in Hebrew translates to www, rather ironic I thought

But yeah, everything you said about Mr. Toss over there I think is spot on.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by joshjhasarrived
There is no "suicide poem". The note was originally thought to be a suicide note, but then they realized that it was the lyrics to the song Hendrix was writing, "First Rays Of The New Rising Sun", which btw is the name of an album released a couple of years back that had a whole bunch of unreleased songs .

he does need to die now, yes, but the lyrics to purple haze say: "Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky." also-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun is awesome-
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
El Presidente of The Jimi Hendrix is God Club. PM playloudordie to join.
Page 1 of 2