Dont those powerchord academy adds on www.ultimate-guitar.com piss you off?
They sure do piss me off...
Like you see Teens with Gibson Les Paul Standard Guitars, playing through a bunch of marshall stacks... and you wonder? how the hell can they afford all this sh!t?

Like thats 4000 dollars of gear!! and then that program costs like another 1000 dollars? where do these kids get that freakin money? like they need some damn rich parents to afford all that!!

All that money... just to learn how to play powerchords!!! half of the kids on the advertisements look like f@gs too...(they disgrace Gibson and marshall)

what has the world come too!?!

i just need to get this out
You obviously havent read into it. They teach you more then just powerchords. Go check out the site. You make a video, play with a band. Some famous people come in. There's alot of crap to do there.
I highly doubt Powerchord academy only teaches people how to play powerchords.

Maybe all that equipment is provided for them?

I'm not sure, but it's certainly not worth getting upset about.
hmm, looks as though someone is jealous...
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
with an epiphone les paul standard, and a vox ad50vt... why on earth would i be jealous?

the powerchord thing was just a joke... powerchord academy, powerchord? haha? at least i though that was funny...

i had a friend who went there... he said it was just a piece of crap
Quote by zeppelin68
with an epiphone les paul standard, and a vox ad50vt... why on earth would i be jealous?

the powerchord thing was just a joke... powerchord academy, powerchord? haha? at least i though that was funny...

I thought the whole thing was just a scam, besides, I'd rather go to my local music shop and have 1 on 1 lessons with a great guitarist than go to an academy thats just under 1 grand, besides, my teacher used to let me use his guitars when I was starting out.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
They're just ad props. I bet you think that drinking Corona beer will get you hot babes in the sun, just like the ads as well. And Gibson already does a good job of disgracing itself.
I don't see the point of blowing $1000 on a week long course. Basically, everything you can do there, you can do yourself (except meet some sh*tty pop/emo band-why anyone would want to, I don't know). Not only can you do it yourself, but you can do it for MUCH less.

Some of the music stores near me have recording equipment that you can use for like $10 an hour. How long does it take to record one song? As for the video, anyone here can borrow a video camera and go make a video that actually means something instead of a stationary camera filming a few kids up on stage playing music.

So far our total is $10.

Now, The lessons, I take guitar lessons once a week for $15. We'll figure there are 7 good lessons for one week at the Pwerchord Academy-That comes to $105.

Our total is now $125.

For the "meet a famous band" thing, I'd rather not. Especially if it's crap bands like Simple Plan. What kind of advice can they give me? "DOOD! USE LOTS OF POWERCHORDS! THEY SOUND AWESOME! LOL!" I'd probably lose musical skill by talking to them.

I would much rather go down to my local music store and talk with the guys that work there. They know their stuff and I don't have to worry about catching emo from them.

Grand total; $130 including gas to go to the guitar store.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by MastaBassist10
^On what, PowerChord Academy, a Gibson or Corona beer?

Corona, i always wondered why i never got any hot girls when i drank it....

powerchord academy is another way people take advantage of teens, to get their parents money
Quote by zeppelin68

Wow, i can gaurantee you your friend didnt go there. I can tell just by the way you strucutred your post and your thread. You just threw that in so wouldnt seem like a complete moron.

You should be jealous, you have an epiphone.. Vox, yeh thats pretty nice, but you know you would much rather have a marshall tube amp... Why on the world would you be jealous? I dunno, isnt it obvious.

This thread is retarded, just like the 4th poster said, its not like its something to get upset about it, dont look at the damn advertisement if you dont like it. Dont come spamming our eg forums with this bull****.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Last edited by ClassicAxe at Jun 3, 2006,
i dont think they teach you anything musically, ive heard you just expirence running your own band.
Quote by Xenn99
I don't see the point of blowing $1000 on a week long course. Basically, everything you can do there, you can do yourself (except meet some sh*tty pop/emo band-why anyone would want to, I don't know). Not only can you do it yourself, but you can do it for MUCH less.

Some of the music stores near me have recording equipment that you can use for like $10 an hour. How long does it take to record one song? As for the video, anyone here can borrow a video camera and go make a video that actually means something instead of a stationary camera filming a few kids up on stage playing music.

So far our total is $10.

Now, The lessons, I take guitar lessons once a week for $15. We'll figure there are 7 good lessons for one week at the Pwerchord Academy-That comes to $105.

Our total is now $125.

For the "meet a famous band" thing, I'd rather not. Especially if it's crap bands like Simple Plan. What kind of advice can they give me? "DOOD! USE LOTS OF POWERCHORDS! THEY SOUND AWESOME! LOL!" I'd probably lose musical skill by talking to them.

I would much rather go down to my local music store and talk with the guys that work there. They know their stuff and I don't have to worry about catching emo from them.

Grand total; $130 including gas to go to the guitar store.

The ozarka water i was drinking came out of my nose when i read that. Hahah
we must become the change we want to see.
then that line has served it's purpose!

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Adrock1795
i dont think they teach you anything musically, ive heard you just expirence running your own band.

Hmm, should I pay $1000 dollars to go to some place full of idiots, with their guitars tuned to Drop D because they can't even play a normal 5th chord in standard, that will be an artifical Imitation of being in a band, and meet a pop-punk band with music theory knowledge erasing super powers, or should I put up an ad in the local CD shop meet up with some people cool people, and learn about being in a band from what the other members tell me based on their first hand experience, write some songs in the drummers basement, and book gigs and get a first hand experience for without the additional $1000 dollar fee. (The run-on sentence was intentional)

This is a tough choice.
^You forgot about getting PAID to do gigs.

And having $1000 to blow on some awesome gear.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
It really does seem like a waste of money, you can achieve most of things they state in the program... amazingly by yourself...

I completely agree with doggy_hat

I completely agree with xenn99 too
lets hope it isnt run by simple plan!

that would be cool, yngwie, mustaine, etc...

but it wouldnt work out because you would have alot of idiots like this

OMgz u Guyz!1!1 I can plai Eruption Solo!!! lolZ!!1!111 i shred!1!
^ Whats wrong with Eruption?

Mustaine... shred?? i dont think so....
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Thanks zep...

I see it as a ripoff aimed at rich kids who think they can play. Hence the name "Power Chord Academy." It wouldn't surprise me if most of the kids there had Gibsons. I'm sure amps are provided, as those would be a bitch to move on a plane. But still, it's a ripoff. Any intelligent person can see that.

You go for a week and basically have a guitar lesson a day and attempt to jam with people you don't know, who's playing styles are completely different than yours, and who have different musical interests than you. You're going to spend more time arguing and trying to agree on something to try to play than you'll actually be playing! And, if you get stuck with a bunch of kids who absolutely suck, YOU'RE SCREWED.

Also, that $1000 doesn't include airfare. Figure in another $700 for that.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
They tell u to bring a 50w or a 80w practise amp and they hire out the Gibsons.

80w amp? wtf!!
Guitars... *drools uncontrollably*
Quote by ClassicAxe
^ Whats wrong with Eruption?

Mustaine... shred?? i dont think so....

Alot of annoying kids say they can screw, by saying they know how to play eruption, but once you hear them... they got no technique... Its like those annoying kids who say they know how to play stairway to heaven

Powerchords Academy=waste of money... money better spent on something worthwhile in life, like new guitar equipment
Quote by zeppelin68
Dont those powerchord academy adds on www.ultimate-guitar.com piss you off?
They sure do piss me off...
Like you see Teens with Gibson Les Paul Standard Guitars, playing through a bunch of marshall stacks... and you wonder? how the hell can they afford all this sh!t?

Like thats 4000 dollars of gear!! and then that program costs like another 1000 dollars? where do these kids get that freakin money? like they need some damn rich parents to afford all that!!

All that money... just to learn how to play powerchords!!! half of the kids on the advertisements look like f@gs too...(they disgrace Gibson and marshall)

what has the world come too!?!

i just need to get this out

Good for you... What has this got to do with electric guitar?

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details