time for a new amp.

i heard the dual rectos were versitle. but i didn't get enough time with it and i can't go back anytime soon. i liked the solo feature on it. but the dude said that it's really hard to dial in your tone because of the active eq (could somebody explain that?)
it's definently loud enough. what do you guys think?

amd what about marshalls? i hear good things. like the jcm 800 for example. i hear it's great for classic rock and if you use a pedal good for metal. but is one channel enough? or if your in a gig wouldn't it be hard to go from heavy metal to lighter stuff?

and i was also lookin at the jcm 900. it's a hot rodded 800 right? i like how it has to channels but how does it sound? all i hear people talk about are the 800's and 2000's. are the dsl's any good? or are the 900's better?

so what do you think? what are each amps stregths and weaknesses. i play a varitly of stuff. the only stuff i don't play is death metal and country.
I can only tell you that JCM 900 are crap.

Have a look at the new Fender Supersonics. I hear the are quite the versatile tone machines (never tried one myself, thought).
^They are actually nice(both). JCM900 is more of a high-gain amp tho.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by darkstriker
I can only tell you that JCM 900 are crap.

Have a look at the new Fender Supersonics. I hear the are quite the versatile tone machines (never tried one myself, thought).

thats your opinion, but i think they are awesome. Its basically a bit less tone than an 800 but it has more gain and reverb. i won one offa ebay today
how loud are the dsl 401's? would they be loud enough for band practice? i also heard that they had some reliability issues. is this true? are they versitile? if i wanted to eventully make it louder could i just ad a 4x12 or 2x12? or would the head version be better? it's between th the dsl or jcm 900. what do you think?
Quote by Pansy Frank
how loud are the dsl 401's? would they be loud enough for band practice? i also heard that they had some reliability issues. is this true? are they versitile? if i wanted to eventully make it louder could i just ad a 4x12 or 2x12? or would the head version be better? it's between th the dsl or jcm 900. what do you think?

louder than the dsl 50 head thats all i can say. me and my freind were comparing head to combo, and the combo was way louder at two than the head was at 3

I say JCM 900 yeah those DSLs/ TSLs overheat fast. And yes i think it does have a speaker output
Quote by llanafreak44
louder than the dsl 50 head thats all i can say. me and my freind were comparing head to combo, and the combo was way louder at two than the head was at 3

I say JCM 900 yeah those DSLs/ TSLs overheat fast. And yes i think it does have a speaker output

Then you must have a bad connection or bad tubes on your stack.
correct me if i'm wrong but does the dsl 401 have to seperate eq's? compared ot thhe head versions one?

and i know splawn makes head casings that are empty right? so could i get the combo dsl and then gut it and put the electronics in one of the head casings?

and how big of a difference is there in sound quality between the dsl and 900?
Boogie makes amps that are much more versatile than the Dual Recto. But all of them have EQs that aren't idiot-friendly. Boogie does a pretty good job giving you a selection of places to start to get "Your" tone. Being lazy about EQ isn't a good reason not to get a Boogie.
Hi, I'm Peter
so what would be the best amp for my chemical romance,metallica,marilyn manson,ramstein,ro zombie,the used,avenged sevenfold,HIM,pantera,turbonegro,69 eyes,misfits,bloodhound gang?

i currently have an epi les paul custom. i want to upgrade it. but if i get something like the dual recto i will have to wait to upgrade my guitar. i was lookin at ethier the fender j5 w/bigsby or the epi elitist seris