Page 1 of 2
I freaking love Iced Earth..Coolest intro to a song ever recorded = Angels Holocaust.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I love the intros to angels holocaust and damien, got that whole opera thing going
It would be easier to accept that Matt Barlow had just died instead of demoralizing himself to that level (and cutting his awesome hair)!
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe Matt cut his hair ALL OFF!! WTF!?!!?!

...oh yeah, and Iced Earth = pwnage. Pretty much got me into metal.
Quote by Op3th
It would be easier to accept that Matt Barlow had just died instead of demoralizing himself to that level (and cutting his awesome hair)!

Ach! My spleen!!

*Clutches random organ and falls to the floor*
I'm a huge fan, but I'm gonna try to avoid the argument over who the better singer is. I like both barlow and owens but just in different ways. Overall, the band kicks tons of ass.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Oh yeah, I dunno if you guys knew it or not, but Iced Earth is in the process of making 2 new concept albums. Both are going to follow the Something Wicked story line. Jon said he's writing them both right now.

linkage
Quote by BLS33
I love the intros to angels holocaust and damien, got that whole opera thing going

The verse riff in Damien is so
Melancholy solo owns.
and Watching Over Me is pretty damn powerful.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
one thing about iced earth is they arent stable at all, they've had 19 former members, but they are one of the most kickass bands out there, I like tim, but Barlow had a huge range, listen to his singing at the end of question of heaven he hits some high notes

oh and the melancholy solo

i'm glad to hear that they have new albums comming soon
They're plenty stable. Jon Schaffer IS the band. Other members may come and go, but as long as Jon is there they will always be Iced Earth.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
They just came up on shuffle, I've forgotten how much I love them. Burnt Offerings is brilliant.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
I love the iced earth songs i have Dante's Inferno, Angels Holocaust, Melancholy and Watching over Me.
i cannot get anymore cus of download ****
but i wana get an album of theirs maybe burnt offerings
but theya re so hard to find
again
Quote by Johnljones7443
She looks like Rusty Cooley with tits.

Burnt Offerings + Dante's Inferno = Orgasm... the rest of that album didnt do it for me

Horror Show is by far their best album (contrary to what i used to say)

Stormrider, Angels Holocaust, and The Path I Choose were the first songs by them that i ever heard... needless to say i bought NotS immeadiatly

When i got GB i skipped the first track cuz i assumed it was some stupid rendition of the Star Spangled Banner... i was wrong. To me that song made the entire album.

Tribute to the Gods is a decent album, as is Alive in Athens. Self titled and SWTWC were ok, nothing special to me.

The only one i havent heard is The Blessed and the Damned
Burnt Offerings has some great material on it do. Diary, Last December, Brainwashed, etc.

Anyone know what kind of EQ Jon uses for the rhythm guitars?
Quote by bimsterfls
I like Barlow better but Owens isn't bad

I prefer Lé Ripper

I like his voice more, but The Reckoning just isn't as good as their other material. Horror Show is their best, hands down I say.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Iced Earth kicks ass...I am listening to them now as a matter of fact. I think that each singer pretty much fits with the music played in that particular song. Like I couldn't really imagine Tim singing Melancholy...
Iced Earth is pretty good. Some stuff is like "MEGA OWNAGE!" and some stuff is like "wow, I've heard this before" The new album isn't bad, Owens is pretty damn generic, though Barlow isn't too original himself, so not much of a difference. Burnt Offerings is deffinitely my favourite album by them times a billion, "Diary" and "Dante's Inferno" are freaking awesome.
AAAAHHHHH!!!?? WTF? Saw this thread, downloaded some Iced Earth songs, want to kill myself for not listening to them until now. Angels Holocaust=Legendary, Dante's Inferno=Mindblowing
Member#2 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club.
PM Revelations to join

Member of the Mortal Kombat Klub
PM Rhinosaur Bones or Mackdaddy to join
^Indeed, not really that great. I guess his non-wanking stuff with a full band and whatnot will be cool.
fucking exellent band. Stormrider is teh true metal pwnage.

Pretty much everything i've heard from them is great. exept perhaps When The Eagle Cries both Barlow and Owens are good IMO.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by IgnoreThis
fucking exellent band. Stormrider is teh true metal pwnage.

Pretty much everything i've heard from them is great. exept perhaps When The Eagle Cries both Barlow and Owens are good IMO.

I like that song .....
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I think that song is pretty horrible actually lol. Sorry, but it's just really cheesey.
I think Iced Earth's best album is Night Of The Stormrider. I like that album alot. For some reason I find Iced Earth really boring to listen to after about 2 or three songs.
Probably cause their songs are all so similar... like 9/10 songs are Eb Phrygian basically.

Oh, before I forget...

Matt Barlow Now

Matt Barlow Then

Quote by BrofUJu
Probably cause their songs are all so similar... like 9/10 songs are Eb Phrygian basically.

Oh, before I forget...

Matt Barlow Now

Matt Barlow Then

Yeah, I had a fit when I saw that picture, as you can see on the first page.

...and alot of songs are in Ab too, but yeah he re-uses quite frequently. I still like it though.
Quote by BrofUJu

Oh, before I forget...

Matt Barlow Now

Matt Barlow Then

Oh shit, he's part of the 5.0! RUN! Man, what happend? Why did you do this? Answers please.
^I wish I could go talk some sense into him, but I doubt he hasn't gotten a talking to from some of the fans around wherever he is.
iced earth is the ****, yes it's sad matt is gone, but i still love their old school, balls to the wall fast and heavy attack style
Page 1 of 2