Well i just started to build and explorer. My problem is this is my first time building a guitar and i dont how to get the exact body shape that i need. I want to model the body after a '58 explorer but i cant find any templates or even demensions online, so if someone would be willing to help me find a template or if you have an explorer make me a template off of it and send it. I will be willing to pay shipping for it. Any suggestions on how to get the xact shape of an explorer would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
go to a music store (preferably one that you are friendly with the manager) tell him your story and ask him/her if its at all possible to mae dimensions from an explore they have there (if they have, it mite be good if they do) lol
nice double post there buddy, edit, its a beautifufl thing, besides the only explorer template they have for an explorer is a 1958, he didnt want that one if you read....so basically ur posts were pointless, kind of like Queen Lateffah's movies
a wingnut he said he wanted to model the body after a 58 explorer thats what i gave him
Quote by Schecter-06
nice double post there buddy, edit, its a beautifufl thing, besides the only explorer template they have for an explorer is a 1958, he didnt want that one if you read....so basically ur posts were pointless, kind of like Queen Lateffah's movies

Your one to talk, i've seen quite a few double and triple posts from you in the past week. If you read the first post you would mave know he wanted a 58 explorer template. Your post was pointless.

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Threadstarter www.guitarbuild.com has a explorer cad drawing, i don't know if it's a '58 but if might be worth a look.
o lol, damnit, litterally this is no excuse i think im dislexic cuz i thought it said the model after the '58 like after the year 1958, misinterepreted sry guys, and i only had a triple post in my thread so..
Quote by Schecter-06
o lol, damnit, litterally this is no excuse i think im dislexic cuz i thought it said the model after the \'58 like after the year 1958, misinterepreted sry guys, and i only had a triple post in my thread so..

He definatly said he wanted a \'58, and triple posts are bad anywhere

to threadstarter, what specs are you going to go with? no one heres done an explorer before im pretty sure, but do you have all the tools and everything (router, bandsaw/jigsaw, sander, etc...)
^ Zombat is/was building an explorer bass. And genocide is starting one.