Page 1 of 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Casualty01
We (beatallicafan and myself) as the Mods of this forum feel it part of our obligation, and of course our desire as musicians, and myself as a Music Teacher, to steer people in the right direction, give them the proper Information and steer them AWAY from false/bad/misleading information.

With that consideration, and having come to this forum and Modding this forum for as long as we have, we obviously began noticing various people who know what they're talking about, know how to explain it, and do their best to be helpful and considerate towards any and all questions that they can.

So, in order to help those in search of honest, insightful and accurate information, we've compiled a list of those members who go above and beyond the call of knowledge and or helpfulness. Listen to these folks, people.

1. Casualty01
2. beatallicafan
3. Redwing_suck
4. 'NeXxuS'
5. SilentDeftone
6. Punkarse
7. Bangoodcharlote
8. jof1029
9. The strat man
10. Corwinoid
11. MrScary07RR
12. SingingSabre
13. slash_pwns
14. gpb0216
15. Johnljones7443
16. kirbyrocknroll
17. garett
18. Elvenkindje
19. Nightwind
20. edg

This list is not final (as you can see from the position open slot). If you post regularly and show that you have a good theoretical knowledge and willingness to help out, you will get noticed and added to the list.

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. It is simply a list of people, given to you to maybe help any confusion you might have as to what might be correct or what might be wrong information..... it's a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. Simple as that.

Now, in the true spirit of helping people (in this case, to AVOID bad advice, arrogance, and or overall ignorance as to what they're actually saying...) we present you with this small list of people to ignore at all costs. Please note this list WILL be added to.

Retard Box

1. metal4all
2. *Position Open*
3. *Position Open*

Thank you,
The MT Mod Team

Cas-

Same stuff goes...

CLEANED!
Looking for my India/Django.
Last edited by redwing_suck at Nov 16, 2006,
I for one am outraged that I didn't make a list of people to listen to on a forum! OUTRAGED!

:P

Nah, I'm over it, you guys are alll righhht.
Is it just me or is MT the only forum without a "Rules" sticky?

Do we really need the sticky? Maybe just something explaining what should go in bandleading, but really until the FAQ is written I think most threads are legit.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
When is there going to be a modes sticky or should i start making one now except i'd make a hash of it not being brilliant on modes myself...dorian ionian mixolydian phyrigian locorian?
Quote by doive
When is there going to be a modes sticky or should i start making one now except i'd make a hash of it not being brilliant on modes myself...dorian ionian mixolydian phyrigian locorian?

you misspelled locrian.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'll throw a couple new names out there and see what you guys think...

johnjones
kirbyrocknroll
johnljones is a go for me.

kirbyrocknroll seems helpful, but I've only just recently been noticing his (assuming kirby is a he) posts.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^ and thats why i never change my avatar even though im sick of it

kirby's is a white field with the letters KR on it in black.
johnljones is a white field with a quarter note on it.

both seem like intelligent people to me and are helpful.
Thanks for the mention, though I don't feel my knowledge or experience is as extensive as those on the list already... I mean, I post often, but when those guys post, they post - I don't know if being compared to them would be a good thing or a bad thing - I doubt I could live up to it, you know? I don't know - it ain't my call

Definitely Kirby though, he posts with excellent info, very often - and you won't find a nicer guy.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Thanks for the mention, though I don't feel my knowledge or experience is as extensive as those on the list already... I mean, I post often, but when those guys post, they post - I don't know if being compared to them would be a good thing or a bad thing - I doubt I could live up to it, you know? I don't know - it ain't my call

Definitely Kirby though, he posts with excellent info, very often - and you won't find a nicer guy.

but you do post very helpful posts...they may not be the longest, but always answer a question as quickly and efficiently as possible, so you get my vote

and kirby is good to
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by Johnljones7443

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? You're helpful and post a lot. I agree, when the people on the list post, they "post", but there's nothing wrong with posting a lot with good info as you do

+1 for John!

As for me, I don't have much experience. I try my best to help, but those guys on the list are experienced and knowledgable in music theory. I'm nowhere near there, but it's up to you guys.
^Ha ha... but seriously, if you think I post honest, insightful and accurate information, I go above and beyond the call of knowledge and or helpfulness and I know what I'm talking about, know how to explain it, and do my best to be helpful and considerate towards any and all questions that I can - then I'd be happy to be considered to be on that list.

Whatever happens, the mention is very much appreciated. Thank you.
^ And careful selection of bolded terms

And upon further consideration, kirby is a go for me.
wow a forum dedicated to determining who's reatrded and who is actually bright...awesome
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Johnljones7443 and kirbyrocknroll have my backing.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Well, I did mean it as a joke...

It's not my fault I'm not funny
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by eviledge87
wow a forum dedicated to determining who's reatrded and who is actually bright...awesome

We try.
it is quite funny that the retard box will never be filled because those who qualify end up in the FOTB anyway
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247
it is quite funny that the retard box will never be filled because those who qualify end up in the FOTB anyway

At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid... what is this FOTB ?
^lol, n00b.

The Forum Of The Banned. It's a good thing you don't know, though.

And thank you Red
Quote by Johnljones7443
^lol, n00b.

Pssh . Thanks/congrats.
Last edited by psychodelia at Jul 22, 2006,
Quote by psychodelia
At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid... what is this FOTB ?

i've never been there personally but i've heard rumors...dark, horrible stories of sodomy, inanity, and incest...
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

^And that's just the tip of the iceberg...

*cue devilish laughter*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
uh lol that wasn't me. i've been at work for 11 hours... josh must have done it.
Quote by redwing_suck
uh lol that wasn't me. i've been at work for 11 hours... josh must have done it.

Err...that's SD, right?
^roight.

why isn't garett on the list? he only ops up occasionally but when he does, he is good at explaining things. knows his ****. i dont remember him being adamant about NOT being on the list... so... *added*
Quote by redwing_suck

Oh... thank you Josh.

What about pratt121 and axe_grinder247?

I'm surprised pratt121 hasn't been suggested earlier (or maybe he has), I know he's predominantly active in the vocal sticky, but that's still a part of MT. And axe_grinder247 is definitely someone to keep in mind... either way, just some suggestions.

Edit: Psychodelia, too.
Last edited by Johnljones7443 at Jul 24, 2006,
Who was that guy? I think his name was "notoriousnumber", I saw him around before I regestered. He seemed like he knew his stuff, and I checked out some of his articles on ug contribution and was pretty impressed.

I go for him.
Quote by Atlas
Who was that guy? I think his name was "notoriousnumber", I saw him around before I regestered. He seemed like he knew his stuff, and I checked out some of his articles on ug contribution and was pretty impressed.

I go for him.

I saw his user title as banned. Also, IMO he didn't know the terms for a lot of the things he explained. He knows his stuff, yes, but he doesn't know it the proper way
Page 1 of 5