Page 1 of 2
I don?t know if this has been done b4 but I think it?s a good question?What attracted you to acoustic instead of electric or bass?

for me it was the sound of it and the fact that I don?t have to hall around an amp just to play for people.
i play both electric and accoustic

i really like accoustic tho

i liked it because i wasnt in a band and i wanted to make music, but i didnt have a dummer, rythem guitarist, bass, but with the accoustic i could play and sing at the same time with out a band and make my own music by myself, and i liked how it sounds, its differnt than electric
I refused to buy an acoustic for my first guitar, but then i saw trace bundy play, wow, he was such a inspirational guitar player
Behringer V-tone GM108
Epiphone SG
i play both but i love the acoustic just because of the challenge of composing your own song anyone can plug in and turn up the distortion and play some power chords and it sounds like some punk song but with an acoustic you actually have to think
Quote by Nyranger
i play both but i love the acoustic just because of the challenge of composing your own song anyone can plug in and turn up the distortion and play some power chords and it sounds like some punk song but with an acoustic you actually have to think

Thats true
I like acoustic/classical more because of the beauty of the tone, and the ambience
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
I like acoustic/classical more because of the beauty of the tone, and the ambience

Yea same here electric can get on my nerves some times but acoustics never have...what?s ambience?
I got my acoustic because I wanted to broaden my sound. Yes, electrics are great, but sometimes you just feel like sitting down and strumming away on your acoustic. I've been using my acoustic a lot more the past few days. I've been playing songs that I've written on electric, but with the acoustic they have a different sound to them. A nice alternative to a blasting electric.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I started out in a beginner guitar class at my highschool and everyone had acoustics...so I bought one.

I play both acoustic and electric now.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
two words: john. mayer.

Very true.

Probably my main inspiration for playing guitar.
i got inspired by Julian Bream,Sabicas and Michael Hedges to play acoustic and nylon string guitars though i still play electric i like both of them.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Quote by ChickenStu
Very true.

Probably my main inspiration for playing guitar.

oh and by the way...... very nice av.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Xenn99
I got my acoustic because I wanted to broaden my sound. Yes, electrics are great, but sometimes you just feel like sitting down and strumming away on your acoustic. I've been using my acoustic a lot more the past few days. I've been playing songs that I've written on electric, but with the acoustic they have a different sound to them. A nice alternative to a blasting electric.

Exactly my sentiments.

Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.
I was raised on acoustics.. my dad had a twelve string i used to bash about when i was a kid, i went to school and my mum made me take classical guitar lessons... i bought my first steel string in february... just haven't really got into electric.

I love the pure sound of an acoustic. It's untainted, but can be manipulated in ways an electrc can't, without effects. I don't think i'll get an electric until i'm happy with my acoustic style - which will be a long time.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
my dad was what really made me want to play acoustic. Hs' awesome and I wanted to be just like him.
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
i always liked acoustic because with an electric you have to carry an amp around if you want to play it for someone, but with the acoustic you can just strum whenever you want. And, sure, you can get some pretty crazy effects with an electric, but you cant get the clean tone that you get with an acoustic....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
i mainly play electric but i recently got an acoustic as i really love the sound of the classical guitar
after i heard classical gas by eric clapton i started, great song .....i still cant play it =(
Quote by fsb_ben
More like "What does acoustic attract?". I got into guitar as a way to impress my girlfriend early in the relationship. Now i love my guitar more than her LOL

Spoken like a true guitarist.... haha.

Well my first guitar was an Electric. then i saw all these losers at coffee shops and stuff playing the simplest of songs (and still screwing them up) and still being the life of the party. so i got one and since then (about a year ago), i can say i've highly neglected my electric. i love the sound of acoustic over electric, much more smoother and warm . but i still play my electric on occassion.
Quote by vikramkr
I am trying to shred using power chords
Both have their appeals and uses. But in acoustics, every effect, tone and sound is created by your fingers. No distortion or effects pedals to cover your flaws.
i started with classical/then moved on to electric/then bought my acoustic about 3/4months ago.

having become fairly experienced in electric it felt like the natural progression to move sideways to acoustic.

little did i know it would improve me in all three fields
Oddly enough, it was electric guitar that got me playing acoustic. I heard Led Zeppelin's Black Dog, and I wanted to be exactly like Jimmy Page. I asked my Grandpa to teach me how to play guitar, and he said that acoustic was the best to learn on. But I fell in love with the acoustic and my drive to buy an electric guitar has somewhat diminished, although Jimmy Page is still my guitar hero. And I can still play Led Zeppelin's acoustic stuff, so I think I'm gonna be sticking with acoustic for awhile.
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
i used to do constant heavy stuff, and shred alot, then it all started to sound alike, so i started doing acoustic and realized i could write better acoustic, so i started singing and now i just love acoustic
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Eric Clapton Unplugged. the sound just blew me away. I'm in love with the sound.
strat player forever.
$$$ is why I play acoustic. But now that I've been playing for awhile, I'm glad I have one. My roommate started on an electric and he's about as good as he was after two months of playing. I think that an acoustic will give you a lot more respect for guitars.
I first started to get a chick who dug Bright Eyes and all that sad-acoustic shat and when that fell through I was still left with a bad ass instrument I could use to play all my favorite Neil Young tunes on.
"His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean" - Lay Lady Lay
i play both acoustic and electric now but in the beginning i played mostly electric. after seeing trace bundy play i was determined to play acoustic. so there's my inspiration.
I always liked the sound of Acoustic over the electric guitar. The mellow music that you can play is awsome, and I love being able to just pull out my acoustic and play...and not have to worrying about needing an amp and everything.
Originally I learned on an acoustic but I was thrilled when I got my first electric guitar. I would always crank the distortion and play my favorite 80's metal songs and the occasional modern rock song. As I learned more about music my tastes shifted and were added to, and I reverted back to acoustic eventually. When I started writing songs was about the time I started getting heavy into acoustic artists so that influenced me a lot. I just love the personal, one-on-one feeling you get from an acoustic, plus the tone and warmth; the raw sound (like fingers sliding on acoustic strings) really attracts me, too.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
i agree..but another reason is i dont have an electric guitar so im like forced to like it.
Revolution of the bands is NOW!!!
Dashboard Confessional's acoustic songs were just amazing, and I had to learn them.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
THe First time I heard my brother play a song by Andreas Segovia, I got deeply into classical music.
the sound of an acoustic. its so beautiful, you can make a girl fall in love with you playing on an acoustic.
EMO
The protagonist sees the dragon and moans about how hard it will be to get the princess to fall in love with him, he gets eaten. The princess is very happy, because he was a whiny fag anyway.

Quote by kanguuu
its old, good, but old lol
I play both. But I love the simplicity and resonance in an acoustic and the fact that you don't need an amp and can bring it anywhere. And its a plus for the ladies too
Two more words: Jack Johnson
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
The sounds did it for me. Such a warm, inviting tone. and with an acoustic you can take it anywhere and not have to rely on electricity.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
Page 1 of 2