rumor has it that bigsby trems suck ass. is this true? what kinda movement do they have? are the more like a floyd rose or more like the trem found on strats?

and are duncan hot rails single coils or humbuckers? are they any good? if so fer what styles?
personally i like bigsbys , they are smooth and easy to use but you cant do alot of divebombs meaning u cannot decrease the pitch too much , but it is good cause it keeps the strings in tune, its more of a jazz thing , try one out

as for the hot rails they are humbuckers but they are small so they fit into a single coil spot. they are very trebly , good for ska punk hardrock
bigsby was the orginal, they will always be the best, and they make a gretsch hollowbody what it is
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Bigsbys are more for making vibrato than for dives and whatnot.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Bigsbys are more for making vibrato than for dives and whatnot.

exactly, they're good for what they're meant to do.
Les Paul Player!
And the "tuning issues" while valid, are not really that bad. Once I get the strings on my Riviera stretched, I have absolutely no problem keeping it in tune when I play live. I understand things would get even better if I get a rolling bridge...but I haven't gotten around to that.

Go here for more on this: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/tuningprobs.htm
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Before I forget...it does make loading new strings a bisnatch!!!
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
I like Bigsby's. They aren't meant for FR style divebombs, but give a nice, subtle vibrato. Tuning isn't really an issue if you use it right.

The moral: Don't play "Eruption" with a Bigsby
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by Pansy Frank
so the bigsby doesn't come with a rolling bridge? is the bigsby on the fender j5 any good?

Some Bigsbys come with a rolling bridge, others don't. They have different models.

The Bigsby on the J5 is fine.

Don't get a Bigsby if want a "whammy bar". They give a more subtle effect, like really crazy string bending.