I recently bought a Les Paul Studio with a cracked headstock...off ebay (I know...I know...). The seller, who has good feedback, claims the crack does not effect playability. I haven't decided whether to leave it, crack it completely and titebond it, or try another more viscous glue. Any suggestions? Here are some pics:

-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Does it flex when you apply light pressure? If you can open it up at all, use a syringe to force tightbond into it, then clamp it closed for 24 hours. If it won't open up at all I'd just leave it. You deffinately don't want to break it off completely.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Quote by mnbaseball91
Does it flex when you apply light pressure? If you can open it up at all, use a syringe to force tightbond into it, then clamp it closed for 24 hours. If it won't open up at all I'd just leave it. You deffinately don't want to break it off completely.

Thanks for the quick reply...I haven't received the guitar yet, but I assume it does not flex from the description. The suggestion to break it completely comes from here:

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/crack.htm

I like Titebond, I've used it for many other projects, but for guitars do you suggest the waterproof version or the standard?
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
Just to let yo know, the crack in that jackson is differently placed then your crack. In his case, breaking it probably was the best idea, if he wasn't able to insert glue by opening it up a bit.

In your case, if the crack opens up from light pressure, get some titebond and a syringe, and put in as much glue as you can into the crack, then clamp is shut for a day or so. If it doesn't open up you shodu lbe fine with just leaving it alone.
^I'd ask the shipper to loosen the strings and truss rod before shipping too. It would be horrible if it got jostled, and subsequently totally ****ed.

How much did you pay? Just wondering, you can get really good deals on that kinda stuff.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I paid 500ish for it. Not a bad deal, but not the best I've gotten either.
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
+1 to what Dave, Kaplac, and Pink said. The other thing you should look for is what happens when you string it up and tune to tension. That alone should determine if it needs glue or not. If that opens it, the glue goes in. If that still doesn't make it budge, there's really nothing to worry about.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.