What are some good jam bands other than DMB, OAR, and Dispatch? And to clarify, I don't think the two latter ones are all that good, they're both pretty shallow, and while DMB is good, the songs are super simple, Dave gets annoying after awhile, (his voice that is) and they're way too much of a fad now, just like the other two. So tell me some good ones!
Phish is the King of all Jam Bands. Period. Don't argue. (Purposely ignorant, but to get a point across)

Find yourself a live show, you'll be pleasantly suprised.
I'm assuming you've heard Dave's stuff with Tim Reynolds? That's pretty much the only reason I listen to Dave Matthews.
Phish, String Cheese Incident, The Grateful Dead (obviously), moe., Medeski Martin & Wood, Umphrey's McGee etc etc.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
Quote by coffeeguy9
Phish is the King of all Jam Bands. Period. Don't argue. (Purposely ignorant, but to get a point across)

Find yourself a live show, you'll be pleasantly suprised.

Well, personally (and I bet a lot of people would agree), but the Grateful Dead were probably better jammers than Phish ever was. I'd say Phish were the newer kings of the jam, but the Dead were the original kings (IMO)
Grateful Dead were there first... but I think Phish is better. They have so many songs, and many different styles, and so many bad-ass live performances of jamming and covers etc. I never got into the Dead as much as I did Phish. That's just me though.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
the dead and phish are the real kings, lets leave it at that. i like medeski martin and wood too, they are funky/jazzy jam band style. i also like jack johnson(not really a band but...),
the allman brothers, and deep banana blackout are a lot of fun too. check all of these out, my favorite is deep banana.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
P.S. I forgot, Keller Williams is sort of like that style, but a little more bluegrass/country. I like the song "Sunny Rain." He can play a mean banjo!
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Yeah I agree with Phish and Grateful Dead but I was speaking more modern, that's why I mentioned those girl-appealing mainly crappy bands, although Phish is still somewhat modern. Alot of people debate on whether Phish or Grateful Dead really created the genre, Grateful Dead definitely did in my opinion.
Every time a thread like this comes up, I feel it is my duty to mention Particle. They are my favourite jam band.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Alot of people debate on whether Phish or Grateful Dead really created the genre, Grateful Dead definitely did in my opinion.

It's not really a debate, the Grateful Dead were at their prime in the 70's, Phish were at their prime in the 90's.

Jam Band isn't really a genre anyways, it just refers to bands that use improvisation a lot in live performances.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."