Hey guys, Ive got a trem on this guitar similar to a wilkinson, and Im not sure of the method to change the strings.

See, it goes both ways, so I imagine if I were to take all the strings off to clean the neck, it would crash into the body. ITs not a floyd rose, so I dont see anyway of blocking it..

What to do?
I believe you can just get a simple piece of wood to block it off.. in the cavity in the back..

or take the springs off while you take the strings of to make it so it just lays on the body
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
What do you mean by 'it goes both ways'? Is it a string through body? If so, the bridge won't fall out. Post pics.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by YoungPilgrim
What do you mean by 'it goes both ways'? Is it a string through body? If so, the bridge won't fall out. Post pics.

he means its a Non-locking floating trem..
like a wilkinson

basicalyl its like a fender/vintage style trem that lowers AND raises the pitch..
Quote by Striketalonx
like a wilkinson

basicalyl its like a fender/vintage style trem that lowers AND raises the pitch..

This man is correct, it sort of pivots on two posts routed into the body, similar to a strat bridge, but instead of being flush to the body its elevated around a cm.

The body is arched, so I doubt I could do the whole woodblock idea.
Quote by Striketalonx
like a wilkinson

OH! Ok, I didn't see the Wilkinson part. You should just be able to block it. Just stick a piece of wood in it, like any other floating trem. Take it to a tech and have them show you if you aren't comfortable/don't understand/just want to make sure you're doing it right.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Hmm...
What about wood in the back cavity???

Not on the front part
^ Never thought about that.

Bah, I think Ill bring it back to the place I bought it from and ask like a n00b ''How does I change my stringssssss''

10$ says ''OH SHII, we forgot to give you this tremblock!'' is what theyll say
yeah, if u swap out one string at a time u should be ok, unless the gauge is different.

afterwards, if the bridge is raised, u adjust the back cavity screws, until its at ur preferred height.

even if u block it, and put on a different gauge, whn u remove the block the bridge will sit differently.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
yeah, if u swap out one string at a time u should be ok, unless the gauge is different.

afterwards, if the bridge is raised, u adjust the back cavity screws, until its at ur preferred height.

even if u block it, and put on a different gauge, whn u remove the block the bridge will sit differently.

Great idea.

One last question....how would i clean the neck?
^Strings off, lemon oil/Pledge on a washcloth, rub fretboard.

Anyway, my Strat's trem was floating, and restringing it was the same as ever- strings off, strigs on, tune up. It's just a bit tougher to tune up, is all.
i never take all the strings off at once unless Im changing pups then never again, its a pain but i just clean underneath the strings. why screw with that especially on a floyd guitar?