Thoughts?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Great amp for heavier music. If you're looking for variety, there are better combos by Boogie.
Hi, I'm Peter
What would you rate the cleans/low-mid gain tones 1-10?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
compared to other Boogies, 6 or so. For cleans/low-mid gains, the Mark IV and Lone Star are the best of the Boogie line, IMO.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
But the solo is considerably better than the dual or triple for tones both metal and slightly pushed/clean.

Then why is it that you always hear about those instead?
Board:
Quote by Dirk Gently
compared to other Boogies, 6 or so. For cleans/low-mid gains, the Mark IV and Lone Star are the best of the Boogie line, IMO.

Ive been debating between this and the Mark IV
Board:
because people are posers and think they're cooler if they get 100 or 150 watt tube heads they don't need.

Well, that, and there's a difference between the rectofiers in the dual and triple v. the single which is supposed to effect the high gain. But people primarily buy rectos for volume and high gain. If you want flexibility, you should go with another amp.

And the Mark IV ****ing rules. I've got the 1x12 widebody combo and it can do any tone convincingly, and some tones exceptionally.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
But people primarily buy rectos for volume and high gain. If you want flexibility, you should go with another amp.

Alright thanks, Ill keep this in mind

Edit: Ha, Ill also keep that second bit about the Mark IV in mind too. Thanks again!
Board:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Then why is it that you always hear about those instead?

Blind elitesm and fanboys.

The single recto has a much more organic tone for classic rock and stuff, but still does metal just as good as the other rectifiers.