What exactly does C mean when it is used for the type of timing. My friend told me it jsut meant it could be anytiming or sumthing like that. idk i didnt understand him. Also if there is no key sig, and you sharp a note does that mean that you sharp that note for the rest of the song? And if that is true, then if u put it back to nuetral then would it be like that for the rest of the song until another sharp sign is there?
x2. And if there is no time signature, but an enharmonic appears in the music, you only play it that one time, rather than always playing it as that.
Hi, I'm Peter
is there a slur underneath them? If so, that means they're triplets, which means instead of playing 2 notes in one beat, you'll play 3 notes in one beat. It kind of creates a tempo inbetween an eighth note and a sixteenth note.
Hi, I'm Peter
when you sharp/flat a note (meaning it's dffered from the key sig), it stays that way for the rest of measure.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Deception Guru
your an idiot

If you're going to just pad your post numbers by posting pointless, moronic crap like that, you might as well spell "you're" correctly, idiot.
Hi, I'm Peter
C=4/4
C with a slash down the middle means 2/4 (correct me if not)

a sharp in the middle of a bar means u play that one shaprened, for the rest of that BAR, it then is got rid of afterwards, no time signature? maybe its in C MAJOR?

y is that hard maybe im missing something
i suck but THATS OK!
ok, the first guy is correct. If a sharp or flat happens outside of the key signature (there is ALWAYS a key signature, if there are no sharps or flats it is in C major or A minor, they are the same thing) then it is only played that one time, not throughout the piece. Now, in your book, are you sure that the C doesn't have a vertical / through it. That would be cut time.
Quote by TimmyHendriix
Yes they are.

Then they're triplets, like I said. Instead of playing them 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &, count them tri-puh-let tri-puh-let tri-pu-let tri-puh-let, so you're getting 3 in on every beat instead of 2.
Hi, I'm Peter
interesting so its just a C (common time) and its in the key of C major (a min) so... umm r there little 3's above the notes that are in 3's?
i suck but THATS OK!
Quote by breaknahabit
C with a slash down the middle means 2/4 (correct me if not)

C with a slash is called Cut-Time, or 2/2. Half note gets the beat :P

And if there is an accidental in a measure, it's good for the measure unless it's been naturalized again.

If there is no time signature, well, I don't know.

If there is no key signature, it's in whats called an Un-written key, meaning it's either in C major/A minor, or it's in another key but all of the accidentals are written in because the song modulates a lot and it would be a hassle to keep up with all of the key changes.
cheers coffee guy.. thats the kinda thing where if u sed that in front of an audience ud get laughed at or sumthing lol
i suck but THATS OK!
Quote by coffeeguy9
C with a slash is called Cut-Time,

the techincal term is alla breve time
no key signature could also indicate the piece is modal or A-tonal
Originally posted by greatdevourer
Dear Relationships Thread,
I am so sorry I've neglected you and have been so blind.
God_luvs_a_trya
Quote by coffeeguy9

And if there is an accidental in a measure, it's good for the measure unless it's been naturalized again.

If there is no key signature, it's in whats called an Un-written key, meaning it's either in C major/A minor, or it's in another key but all of the accidentals are written in because the song modulates a lot and it would be a hassle to keep up with all of the key changes.

+1
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by coffeeguy9

This is right. To make more sense of accidentals for people....

If I have a song in 4/4 in C major (no flats of sharps)...
A measure consisting of 4 quarter notes which are all the note C like
Q Q Q Q
The first Q has a sharp accidental and the fourth one has a natural sign....
The first 3 notes are sharp then the last natural.