E-7

E--7---
B--9---
G--9---
D--10--
A------
E------

Cas-

undoubtedly, you're right i didn't know what it was called but i like the sound that that particular chord, but i have a couple questions, but i'll tell you for free that i dont know if the "-" in "E-7" means anything, minor maybe

1. wouldn't the 10th fret on a th a be a G(and at least the open G)?
2. if so wouldn't that not be in the key of E?
3. on the off chance that the other two are right could it be a G9/E or Gadd9/E? (i don't know the difference)
Last edited by schlepper at May 21, 2003,
Originally posted by schlepper
undoubtedly, you're right i didn't know what it was called but i like the sound that that particular chord, but i have a couple questions, but i'll tell you for free that i dont know if the "-" in "E-7" means anything, minor maybe

3. on the off chance that the other two are right could it be a G9/E or Gadd9/E? (i don't know the difference)

wait ... what ? are you talking about the chord i wrote ?

and if so, then no, thats not correct.

Cas-
Originally posted by schlepper

If you look Cas wrote E - 7, the - means min, and as we all should know G is defintely in the key of Emin.
yes i said i was unaware or anysignificance of the "-" but am now aware it means minor and the G is most definately in that key and my questions where regarding the chord i posted
Originally posted by casualty01

E--7---
B--9---
G--9---
D--10--
A------
E------

Cas-

i dont think anbody has answered this one yet. Cmaj7#5.

E--0--
B--5--
G--5--
D--4--
A--0--
E--5--
Originally posted by shadowhunter486
i dont think anbody has answered this one yet. Cmaj7#5.

E--0--
B--5--
G--5--
D--4--
A--0--
E--5--

no, no one answered it, and you are correct sir.

yours is an A-6 in root position, or a D9/A , whatever you want to look at it as.

E--4--
B--7--
G--6--
D--7--
A--6--
E-----

Cas-

E--4--
B--7--
G--6--
D--7--
A--6--
E-----

Cas-

tell me if im right b4 i post a chord. D#dim m7/add13 in root position. or F#m6 add9th/D#.
tell me if im right b4 i post a chord. D#dim m7/add13 in root position. or F#m6 add9th/D#.

well, the second could be correct , but the first one is incorrect in 2 ways, 1.) when a dim has a b7 in it, like in this case, it would be written as D# half diminished, or D# -7 b5. i know what you meant , but also, you got the extension incorrect, it's not a 13

gie it another go from root position

Cas-
would it be D#half diminished add 4? i dont see what else the G# could be. oh yeah this is kind of off subject, but would there be anyway to type the o diminished degree thing (sorry for the weak terminology) with the slash through it bc thats how we write it in my music theory class which is one of the reasons i was confused on how to write it.
oh big dummy me. D#half diminshed add 11. jesus. i dont know why i was stuck on it being 13. when 13 is a 6th.
Originally posted by StowerS
actually,that other chord is an A#13, so your wrong, get out.

are you talking about this chord?

E--4--
B--7--
G--6--
D--7--
A--6--
E-----

please tell me which of these notes is an A#. if youre trying to correct someone, try to be nice. you will get a much better response. for example: "StowerS, please try to the you are youre and not the possesive your when using phrases such as youre wrong, youre right, youre a dumbass. it will make your argument seem a little more intelligent."

sorry about that cas. i had to do it. but am i correct on that chord? a D# half diminished add11?
Last edited by shadowhunter486 at May 30, 2003,
Dadd13?
D11/13?

(I'm not too sure about my naming...it's D F# A G B which is a traditional D major chord with the 11th and 13th...or the 4th and 6th...help me out here)

Leave well alone
Last edited by benjmc at May 31, 2003,
i dont know, but heres another chord.

E--5--
B--0--
G--0--
D--4--
A--5--
E-----

well, in root position, it's a D6 add4

BUT, strongest harmonic order/function is a Gmaj9 in its 2nd inversion, or a Gmaj9/D

Cas-
ooops, sorry, guess it's my turn

E--0--
B--4--
G--6--
D--9--
A--9--
E-----

Cas-

looks kind of like a B chord or an E something.....not sure though....
ooops, sorry, guess it's my turn

E--0--
B--4--
G--6--
D--9--
A--9--
E-----

Cas-

im thinkin B add2/4 in 2nd inversion

E--2--
B--2--
G--0--
D--1--
A--2--
E-----

im also posting this bc i accidently played this when i meant to play B7 and i loved the sound of it. beautiful.
Originally posted by MachineHed
is it B8?

what the hell is a B8? no, thats definitely not right bc im about 99.9999999% sure that B8 is not a chord.
what the hell is a B8? no, thats definitely not right bc im about 99.9999999% sure that B8 is not a chord.

and i'll add the extra .0000001% just so you're sure

no..... there is no such thing as a B8

however. i think he was ATTEMPTING to be a wise ass because you said you were trying to play a B7 and instead you played that. probably him just trying to be funny by saying B8.

E--2--
B--2--
G--0--
D--1--
A--2--
E-----

im also posting this bc i accidently played this when i meant to play B7 and i loved the sound of it. beautiful.

B+ add9 from root pos. you might also see it writtien as B+9

(+ = augmented for those of you reading this who have no clue what the hell the + is supposed to represent)

but it's also an Eb7 #9/B ..... or Eb7 (#9/b13)/B

Cas-
Last edited by casualty01 at Jun 11, 2003,
i guess i can post since no one will... this one is SOOO easy.... i know it doesnt present a challenge but i'm bored...

|-12-
|-10-
|-9--
|-10-
|----
|----
Looking for my India/Django.
C# -7

Cas-
i got a question... does the "-" in front of the 7 mean it's a seventh chord without a fifth? cause the chord has a c#, e, and b... the 3 being the 3rd, the b being the seventh, but there is no 5th... or does the "-" have no meaning? .....
Originally posted by redwing_suck
i got a question... does the "-" in front of the 7 mean it's a seventh chord without a fifth? cause the chord has a c#, e, and b... the 3 being the 3rd, the b being the seventh, but there is no 5th... or does the "-" have no meaning? .....

- = minor ....

C#- = C# minor

C#-7 = C# minor 7

etc...

Cas-
Originally posted by redwing_suck
i guess i can post since no one will... this one is SOOO easy.... i know it doesnt present a challenge but i'm bored...

|-12-
|-10-
|-9--
|-10-
|----
|----

A-

Cas-

E--5--
B--1--
G--4--
D--3--
A--0--
E-----

Cas-

quick guess before i go...

A6 susp2?
so i see the root of a... a-maj = a b c# d e f# g#...

a, then the 3 on the d-string is f, then the 4 on the g-string is b, then the 1 on the b-string is c, then the 5 on the e-string is a... so...

a, f, b, c, a... the a's are 1, the f is a flat 6... so there's a mistake... the b is the 2... the c is the b3... so there IS a third, making it a non-susp chord (yet another mistake... the a is the one again... so we have

1, 2, b3, b6 (and 1 again)... so Am (6) (or Am add6)... i think the 6 is more of an idetifying tone that the 2... maybe? help me out... tho this thread isnt made for theory, i think it needs it...