well i am looking to upgrade my guitar/amp

i will have roughly about $300 to spend, i have a ****ty guitar, squire stratocaster that i bought used for like 100 bucks barly holds its tune, and an amp that has little effects, small, and low wattage

i want to get a vox amp that has almsot every effect i i could get with any pedal, and will save my money in the long run bc i wont be buying pedals, but it cost like $250 plus tax is going to be around $300

i want to get a good schector, ibanez, or maybe a jackson but i dont want to go cheap, i want to spend the extra cash and get a good guitar that will last me longer, but that will cost some where around 300 bucks

so which one comes first, which one should i buy?
Go ahead and buy yourself a Vox 30 watt, you should be able to afford that with $300. I believe the 50 watt is ~$425. So you might save up a bit if you want to go larger than 30 watt.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

if your guitar sucks that bad, i'd go for a new guitar
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
Buy a new amp first, because first rule is: A 3000 dollar guitar will still sound like crap when played through a crappy amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Amp first, then guitar. I'd recommend saving a bit longer and going for the 50w version though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Buy a new amp first, because first rule is: A 3000 dollar guitar will still sound like crap when played through a crappy amp.

i agree with that......as long as your guitar stays in tune.
Quote by Xenn99
Amp first, then guitar. I'd recommend saving a bit longer and going for the 50w version though.

yea i thougth about that, but my job is only seasonal, and will be ending soon in the next few weeks, and like i dont think i will be making much more than $300

but like my guitar is like terriable
Then go for the 30w. The new amp will make your guitar sound better. You ALWAYS go for the amp first, then guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'd say amp first mate the change in sound quality (in a good way of course) is brilliant.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
well my guitar dosnt hold its tune AT ALL, as soon as i tune it, even with out playing it, it goes out of tune immedatly, i cant even play it really
seriously, ive been wanting new gear for about a year, and was planning to get a guitar first, but then realised HOW DUMB THAT WOULD BE, guitars dont sound good with tiny baby amps.
(ps: I actually did get the guitar first because it was a very rare Ibanez Radius that my teacher would have toerhwise put on eBay , but i have now ordered the vox AD 50VT, along with mnay others who like it, so AMP FIRST!)
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
seriously, ive been wanting new gear for about a year, and was planning to get a guitar first, but then realised HOW DUMB THAT WOULD BE, guitars dont sound good with tiny baby amps.
(ps: I actually did get the guitar first because it was a very rare Ibanez Radius that my teacher would have toerhwise put on eBay , but i have now ordered the vox AD 50VT, along with mnay others who like it, so AMP FIRST!)

thats tp i want to get
Get the amp first, Vox Rules
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Always buy a new amp before you buy a new guitar. Chances are if you only have a 10watt practice amp or something like that, you will encounter one of two things:

- Your great new guitar still sounds like somebody **** on it
- Your practice amp will crap out and will need to be repaired

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB: