Okay, I already typed this out once but I losed it, so theres no way in hell i'm typing it out again.

To make along story short, i'm a tim C fan, and I know he sometines drops his bass to BEAD, so I tried it. But unfortunatley, my bass loses all hope once it hits C standard, but when I dropped it to B it magically aligned. I had a nice loose comfortable tension, and a kick ass growling tone, and the thing staid in tune for and good 72 hours, before it shifted a bit, it was like magic. and there was no warping or problems with my guitar, it was weird!

Am I not seeing something here, was this supposed to happen, or was it just freaking magic?

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
i doubt he would drop the tuning, he probably has a bass with the last four strings of a five string set

but that's happened to me aswell with tuning
ur probably right, but if you watch the "Live at The Grand Olympic Audotorium" DVD, it looks like he's using a five string, and I read and interiew in Bass Player that said he drop tunes it, maybe he's just got a large scale and thick strings, I like it when the strings arte kinda loose, it gives a relaxed feel

C'mon dammit, respond to this thread, it's driving me nuts, why di my guitar do this

Tim uses basses tuned BEADG, he doesn't drop tune them, he puts on the lowest strings of a five string set.

I'm not sure what your post is about at all. Your bass plays well win drop B? Good job. I tune to drop B every time I have band practice ot play a show. As far as I can tell, your bass didn't do anythign special or out of the ordinary, it just played like a bass plays when you detune it a step and a half.
Quote by rhymeswith suck
ur probably right, but if you watch the "Live at The Grand Olympic Audotorium" DVD, it looks like he's using a five string, and I read and interiew in Bass Player that said he drop tunes it, maybe he's just got a large scale and thick strings, I like it when the strings arte kinda loose, it gives a relaxed feel

Quote by rhymeswith suck
C'mon dammit, respond to this thread, it's driving me nuts, why di my guitar do this

do not double post, let alone within half an hour of each other, let alone without adding anything new, let alone at 2 f'n AM.

as for your question, I too don't even know what your asking. Speaking clearly would perhaps eliminate your need to spam your topic. Cheers.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
my clock was messed up, It was more like 9:00 pacific time, and when I dropped tuned it, it was completley out of control when I went 2 steps down (C), but when I went 3 steps down (B) they magically alligned

when you say aligned: do you mean in sound, as in the tuning sounded like a standard tuning?

or in feel, where at C it felt not right, but at B it felt perfect?
Quote by rhymeswith suck
my clock was messed up, It was more like 9:00 pacific time, and when I dropped tuned it, it was completley out of control when I went 2 steps down (C), but when I went 3 steps down (B) they magically alligned

Socko is right, it's because it's still tuned in 4ths. Also B is not 3 steps down.