That's about my question I think, I was just wondering how you would go about making your guitar squeal, is it just like a pinch harmonic or what? and do you have to have really high distortion/gain on when you do it, is it at all possible when clean? Do you have to bend the string when you do it? thats about it thanks.
it is a pinch harmonic. you really can pretty much only do the squeal with high gain, treble, etc. doesnt really sound like much when you do it right on clean though
=
there was just a video about this.
somewhere in here he gives a good explanation. HERE
Gib·son: noun. A dry martini garnished with a small pickled onion.
The 9th harmonic is the same as the 4th harmonic ain't it?
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

if its a fender,to make it squeal,you take,raise it high above your head,and smash it into the ground.
Quote by flyingjew34
The 9th harmonic is the same as the 4th harmonic ain't it?

yep it is and the 19th fret harmonic is the same as the 7th fret
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yep it is and the 19th fret harmonic is the same as the 7th fret

all harmonics are the same one octave higher, i.e 3rd = 15th, 5=17th etc etc
Quote by Cheesepuff
There isn't a harmonic on the 9th fret.

yeah you can do p.h. n.h. and a.h. on any fret.

its pinch harmonics, its weird to get used to at first but just keep practicing.

i found its best go kinda pick sideways when you do them..but thats just me, it makes it a little easier to get your thumb in there
Btw, can you do those squeal like on Satch Boogie but using only a standard tremolo bridge?. And how would it be?. Thanks.
You keep pigs backstage.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator