Howdy,

My Fender Strat has two tone knobs on it, i never put much thought into what they actually do - how they alter the sound?

Can anyone help me out here?

Cheers
they roll back the treble and increase the bass.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
they both od the same thing. when you roll it back to 0 then it cuts the treble and boosts the bass. as you roll it foward towards 10 it increases the treble and cuts the bass.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
lol. why are there two :/ i alwasy thought 1 worked for say 1 pickup and the other for the 2 others but, shrug :S?
just play around with it. you be able to tell which control works with which pickup.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Didn't you already make this thread?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Didn't you already make this thread?

I'll make you a thread *shakes fist*
the upper tone knob controls the neck pickup and the lower knob controls the bridge pickup
Quote by joel_grieve
they roll back the treble and increase the bass.

That's only if it's a TBX tone control; the normal ones just roll off treble.
On my Strat, the one under the volume knob controls the tone of the neck pickup, and the one at the bottom is for the middle pickup. None for the bridge, except on American Strats... I think...?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
On my Strat, the one under the volume knob controls the tone of the neck pickup, and the one at the bottom is for the middle pickup. None for the bridge, except on American Strats... I think...?

On the MIA strats they just add a wire on the switch which connects the middle tone control to the bridge pickup as well.
threadstarter.

-click the switch up pointing towards the neck. in that case ull only have that pickup selected. its will sound bassy compared to the other two pickups.
with it selected, turn the top tone knob all the way up and down and not the change in tone.

- click it one down from the top. ur selecting the neck and middle pickups at the same time. try the tone knob again.

-click the switch to the middle. only the middle pickup is on. now try the lower tone knob.

-click the switch down again, one up from bottom. u now have the middle and bridge pickups selected at same time. try the tone knobs.

-click the switch all the way down. u have the bridge pickup selected. this pickup has high treble, try the tone knobs, ull see there is no change in the tones when u roll them.

these changes are most noticable when you have a good amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Keef-is-king
no, upper is the neck, and the lower is the middle.

the only time that the lower one does the bridge is on the Eric Johnson Strat, which he probably doesn't have....

Maybe he has a Jimmie Vaughan strat...

Quote by jj1565

these changes are most noticable when you have a good amp.

...or pots that aren't crap.
Quote by 6DEATH6METAL6
throw away your fender and buy an ibanez.

I'm sure he's really going to do that.
I mean, what reasons does he have to not obey some idiot who gave him a recommendation (AKA command), while not giving a single reason why?
Quote by 6DEATH6METAL6
throw away your fender and buy an ibanez.

loser.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Keef-is-king
no, upper is the neck, and the lower is the middle.

not on my strats
haha thanks guys. (special thanks to 6DEATH6METAL6) haha