Page 1 of 2
I've had some really stupid guitar and gear mistakes over the years. I bought a BC Rich NJ Beast which as soon as I got home looked at it and went why the hell did I by that. A Marshall AVT100 once sat in my room! The most recent though is the Krank distortion pedal which I've used like twice.

Anyone else bought gear and hated from the off?
Last edited by Tubey at Jun 4, 2006,
just yesterday I bought a lollypop. but after sticking it in my mouth I realized it wasn't strawberry but ****ty coke.
Quote by Pearson
Um. NIRVANA. I hope kurt dies. Oh wait, he killed himself already.
yeah valvestates are good amps for the money, but not used without a proper effects processer ( Boss GT6/8 )
Orange Enthousiast.
yeah i bought a crate amp.... so dissapointed in myself
Quote by EVH_5150
stairway to heaven has a solo?!?!
i bought a boss gt-6 multi effects from ebay and i just really confused me cos i had never had a multi effects pedal before. And it has like 360 effects, more than any other pedal and it was a right bummer going through each one and it just bored me. Also the manuel was really complicated. I sold it back on ebay and only lost like £20-30.
Ibanez TS-7: Not a bad pedal, but impossible to put back together once I modded it. Didn't sound much like a Tubescreamer, so I made it sound like one...then couldn't get it back together. Those bastards at Ibanez made the stupidest switching mechanism I've ever seen on the 7-series.

MXR Distortion +: Also, not a terrible pedal, but really not the sound I wanted. Gutted it, put in a new op-amp and different diodes, but still not the way I wanted it.

SED/Winged "C" 6L6GC: Not a bad tube, but it didn't do anything well. Made my amp sound kinda dull no matter how I biased it.
P. Swaminathan
(No company anymore... )

Album of the Week:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Boss DS-1
I got it as a gift, so I do not feel bad. I never use it. When I do use it, I remember why I never use it and stop. I think I'll just change bits and pieces of it until it breaks.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Digitech RP300A.....doesnt sound very nice and was quite confusing to use at first....now it just sits on my table collecting dust....
my practise amp...fender frontman 15r....im gonna sell it tomorow! yay! and get a cube60
A P.O.S Digitech Digidelay. It eats batteries, hisses and crackles like hell and sucks the life out of my tone. When ever I dig it out to use it, I remember why I don't.
Chief Rebel Angel
Digitech RP80. Ugh. And my Squier Bullet when I realized I could have gotten a much better starter guitar.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
All the purchases i regret now i liked when i bought them. My first one: Digitech RP100. I eventually sold it, but when i got it, i was using my starter guitar and starter amp, so i thought it was the ****. My next mistake purchase: Dunlop Original Crybaby. It's not terrible, but its basically a mediocre wah pedal that saps the tone out of my tube amp now, so i never use it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TTC
yeah valvestates are good amps for the money, but not used without a proper effects processer ( Boss GT6/8 )

The effects are alright. They blow Digitech away, though.

The only problem I have is that you can't have certain effects just by themselves, so I'll probably buy one of those BOSSes.
I'm sorry to anyone who bought a BC Rich. I don't think I regret buying any thing because I normally try them out first.
Sent from my iPad.
a seymour duncan woody pickup for my expensive martin....it was 40 bucks (and i still want my money back)
Encore Strat + Encore Les Paul + Marshall MG 30DFX and FAB Distortion pedal
My Gear
Guitars
Fender Strat USA Custom - 2 Seymour Duncan Humbuckers
Custom built strat (by me)
Amps
Marshall DSL 401
Marshall MG30DFX
Pedals
Boss MD2
Dunlop Cry Baby
Bought a MXR Distortion +, its incredibly muddy I think. I traded it in for a Stamps Drive-o-Matic which is one of the best overdrive pedals I've ever used
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12
Warmoth Strat
Richmond Dorchester
Boss RC-50
Line 6 DL-4
Digitech Whammy 4
Zvex Mastotron
Boss RT-20
when i first started i thought it was the koolest thing ever to buy pedals...boy, was i wrong...

now im jus Strat --> Amp and its beautiful...but seriously i have a Digitech Flange, SynthWah, Delay, Chorus. God thats pathedic, each one was super expensive too...luckily now im not tone-deaf...those r all collecting dust too

i was thinkin too, they have an OD pedal but a digital OD isnt that takin away the tube drive you want from an OD pedal...
Dunlop Crybaby, sure it wah's, but it doesn't WAH.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I bought a 120 watt Crate amp. I didnt know much about amps then. But now I have a Peavey XXX. I also one time bought a digitech grunge pedal and it sounded horrible.
Man.... my damn BOSS Flanger pedal. I can't figure what to do with it? I think a chorus might be the replacement
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
My entire starter pack. It was from sears, need I say more?

The the Groove Factory 40W SS amp. It has nice cleans, but the OD channel is terrible. And finally I was WAY overpriced for a Boss DS1. 75 bucks brand new. Then I went online and saw how cheap they were...I could have cried.
Quote by imbackagain2
boss sd-1 and dimebag washburn which is for sale see my thread.

What didn't you like about the SD-1? I've got an SD-1 that I modded and it sounds great now; I could probably mod yours if you want.
P. Swaminathan
(No company anymore... )

Album of the Week:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Quote by TUMFP
but seriously i have a Digitech Flange, SynthWah, Delay, Chorus. God thats pathedic, each one was super expensive too...luckily now im not tone-deaf...those r all collecting dust too.

Ebay is your friend, lol.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
i have picks that i bought and i dont like the gauge
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Dunlop Crybaby and Digitech Rp50
Quote by I_am_spartacus
thats so stupid it made my left testical infertile...thanks...asshole
I bought a Marshall MG100DFX, then an AVT100 as an "upgrade".
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hmmm...

My RG1620X... bought cause I was interested in piezos; but it arrived setup horribly (action/etc), took me a week to set it up right... then I realized.... I don't really use or like piezos that much, lol I only use it now cuz its a 6-string in standard.
Every distortion pedal I've ever bought....save for My Bad Monkey and Tube Screamer, which give me a perfect Malmsteen tone when hooked up together.
I have a confession...I once owned a Squier I know, I'm a terrible person. It has plagued me to this day. Nonetheless, I believe I have redeemed myself by getting an MIA Std. Strat and a '61 Reissue Gibson SG.
i regret every piece of gear ive owned and everyone ive sold.

im pretty sure ill never be happy with my tone....
fender frontman 15r..dont ask i was clueless
My gear
-Marshall DSL401
-Ibanez JS1000
-Crybaby Classic
-Squier H-H strat
-Frontman 15r
A Boss eq pedal. I never could get a decent sound and I never use it.
Read my post. Not this.
My 1969 Reissue Fender Mustang. It sounds good but I can't get used to the short scale length.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Page 1 of 2