hey guys,

this might be a n00b question, but i often read that for say "x" song , use the neck pickup..

im really confused, how do i select the neck pickup?
i have a washburn X10 with a 5 way switcher and its pickups are
S S H

now can anybody help me =(? and oh, whats with the other, bridge pickup too
Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.
the neck pickup is the pickup closted to the end of the neck, the bridge pickup is closet to the bridge/trem

with a 5 way you would have it the furthest position pointing towards the neck (cant think of another way to explain)
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
The neck pickup is the pickup closest to the neck of the guitar, in your case this will be a single coil and moving the switch all the way to the left (I think) Should select it. The Bridge is the opposite one, it's the one closest to the bridge which in your case is the humbucker and moving the switch all the way to the right should select it
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
how long have u been playing?
a neck pickup is the one near the neck
the bridge pickup is the one near the bridge
if you have a five way selector then theres a middle pickup too. thats called the middle pickup.
neck is for rythym, bridge is for lead.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
The neck pickup is the one closest to the neck of the guitar (a single coil on yours) and putting the switch on the setting furthest to your left when playing it, so it points towards the neck, activates the neck pickup. The single coil in the middle is called, unsurprisingly, the mid pickup. Bridge pickup (the humbucker) is the one next to the bridge.

The positions of the switch and the relative pickups they activate are as follows:
In the first position (all the way to the left, pointing towards the neck) : Neck pickup
Second position: Neck and Mid combined
Third position (pointing straight up): Mid pickup
Fourth position: Mid and Bridge combined
Fith position (all the way to the right): Bridge pickup

This information should be correct if you're playing a right-handed guitar. Otherwise the selecter switch points to the right when set to the neck position, and to the left when set to the bridge position. Hope that helps.
Love is not a victory march.
Last edited by shakysam at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by skateguitar7654

neck is for rythym, bridge is for lead.

I'm pretty shure it's the opposite, isn't it?
Quote by razordimeback
I'm pretty shure it's the opposite, isn't it?

No rules for it, depends what sound you're after.
yea, well at least mien is. i use bridge for rythym parts and neck for nice creamy leads. If i use my vridge pups for leads it sodusn way too..hmm..sterile?, i only us ethe bridge pup for solos when using wah
thanks guys,

its not that i didnt know of that, i was just a bit unclear because i read some really confusing and messed up wiring of a pickup where it showed that changing to the left most switch selects some two pickups and one is disabled...

it was some very confusing **** =s i dont know to know that

thanks again, neck pickup = closest to the neck. check =}
Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.