Hey Guys. I've been meaning to try cover this one for a while as it's one of my favourite Randy Rhoads songs. I didn't have too much time so most of the parts were done in about 2 or 3 takes. It's not perfect but I had lots of fun with it. It also came out about 15 seconds faster than the original.

Drum and bass backing track, 2 rythm guitars and all the leads are double tracked. Check it out if you can. Thanks

http://mqwathi.dmusic.com/
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
Simply awesome. Great job man I loved it.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Thanks. I'm gonna do some more Randy covers soon.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Krank Rev Jr.
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
goddamn Mqwathi, you cover the most awesomest songs. This one seemed really difficult, but i dont know the original well enough to really crit. Without having anything to compare it to, it sounds totally perfect.

what if you covered Ozzy - Bark At The Moon. I know it isnt randy, but still quite an awesome ozzy tune. constant alt picking.
(i bet youre good enough to give Pantera - Cowboys From Hell justice, too. I wish someone would cover that one.)
Last edited by DarkHorse85 at Jun 5, 2006,
Quote by DarkHorse85

what if you covered Ozzy - Bark At The Moon.

That's what I was going to suggest you do. Great song.

And how old are you Mqwathi?
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Thanx guys. I'm 21(nearly 22). About Bark at the Moon, I don't feel I know the solo well enough yet to record it, defenitely sometime in the future though as it's one of my favourites too. I find it tougher than most of the stuff I do though for some reason. I still have tons of Iron Maiden songs I want to record too, especially Powerslave.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Krank Rev Jr.
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
I've made the request before, but what about Paschendale by Iron Maiden? Long ass song, but it's not too hard. I've never seen a backing track for it though...
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Yeah I don't know if I can get a backing for it. I need to finish 7th Son first though (which is 10mins long itself). I also really really want to cover Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in a Strange Land by Maiden too.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Krank Rev Jr.
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
Quote by Mqwathi
Yeah I don't know if I can get a backing for it.

Yeah, if you come across one let me know.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
haah i can do cowboys from hell and can nail the solo and i can also do paschendale and cfh isnt really tht hard
^ wtf? anyway...great lead tone, loved it. would you mind describing your RECORDING setup? i'm aware of your full rig obviously with it being in your sig, but what do you use to record etc. 10/10. just perfect really, no real major mistakes, or minor ones for that matter.
For recording, basically I'm using a drum and bass backing I export from Guitar Pro 5, then I record through a mic going into a small 2 channel mixer, then into my pc. I use Adobe audition to record the stuff, then I edit it and mix it all together using adobe premiere pro.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Krank Rev Jr.
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
One of my favourite ozzy songs as well. And you did a pretty good job of it. Good stuff.