I've been thinking of getting a vox ad30vt for a practice amp (and i could possibly play band practices with it) and later when I form a band (me and my friend we still need a bassist and a drummer) I'd get one with more power and different tone, and with a higher budget.
but then i thought that what if i got a 60 or 100 watt version of the valvetronix? (doesn't have to be a vox actually but anyway) i know that i don't need 100 watts for practice use but its a great amp and then I wouldn't need a new one.

what should i buy?

I play rock, metal, softer rock, harder rock... i'd like a semi high gain with the kind of classic rock feel, and good cleans..

also what do you ppl think of fender amps? i know theyre not very high gain but could those be used for rock/hard rock?
i use a fender 212R and its perfect for anything from clean to blues to metal. i almost always play classic rock, blues (with distortiony feel), some metal (like metallica sounding), and some 80's metal stuff. if i put the bass up a little bit it makes the walls shake so that's always cool.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
hey, Azn, no offence but do you know why people post here. Its because all the techies and odd dwarvish people on GG&A never reply!!!!! Ive had this problem about 5 times, and someone needs to do something about it or no one will ever go on GG&A
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
hey, Azn, no offence but do you know why people post here. Its because all the techies and odd dwarvish people on GG&A never reply!!!!! Ive had this problem about 5 times, and someone needs to do something about it or no one will ever go on GG&A

hey you do relize your on a message board not a chat room people have lives aswell. and if you have a problem pm a mod im sure they would like to help you out

edit: just for the sake of it. ts how much you willing to spend? i myself prefer the fender hot rod deluxe and it can handle most type of musics as long as you give it a tube change and a pedal to push it more as i find its pretty weak stock
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by westo
i use a fender 212R and its perfect for anything from clean to blues to metal. i almost always play classic rock, blues (with distortiony feel), some metal (like metallica sounding), and some 80's metal stuff. if i put the bass up a little bit it makes the walls shake so that's always cool.

is it tube? also what about hotrod devilles or hotrod deluxe? do they have the possibility of high gain?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
not another thread in the wrong section XXXXXXXXIV

theres a million threads about amps here and in whatever gear and accessories no one answers.

if its a problem, mods change it please
Last edited by AmIEvil? at Jun 4, 2006,
yeah, i understanf waht your saying. But I mean, like after two weeks i had two replies on GG&A, and on here, I've recently had about eight in half an hour....so yeah, maybe your right, but im n ot yet convinced
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by AmIEvil?
is it tube? also what about hotrod devilles or hotrod deluxe? do they have the possibility of high gain?

theres a million threads about amps here and in whatever gear and accessories no one answers.

if its a problem, mods change it please

fender 212r are not tube and they wouldnt hold their ground against the deville or deluxe. and im not to sure about whether they can handle high gain.

yeh well people dont know all the answers do they. also i didnt specify whether it was in the instrument sections so we will just leave it at that
Quote by azn_guitarist25

edit: just for the sake of it. ts how much you willing to spend? i myself prefer the fender hot rod deluxe and it can handle most type of musics as long as you give it a tube change and a pedal to push it more as i find its pretty weak stock

my budjet is probably something like ~550 euros tops, (what, 650-700usd?), just for the amp.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh you could probably get a fender hot rod deluxe

depends how well it handles mid-highish gain..
what about the higher power vox valvetronix's?
Quote by AmIEvil?
depends how well it handles mid-highish gain..
what about the higher power vox valvetronix's?

if you want gain from it your most likely wanting to buy a tubescreamer as for valvetronix i think you would be better off buying a hot rod deluxe rather than a valvetronix
is 40 watt enough to do gigs? 40 watts isn't that low considering its tube right?
^^
tubes are usually considered louder than solid state if I'm not mistaken..or they sound better louder at least...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Last edited by SlipAway at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by SlipAway
^^
tubes are usually considered louder than solid state if I'm not mistaken..or they sound better louder at least...

yeah exactly my point but still 40 isnt that much...