Ok, I am getting a new guitar over the summer and I was wondering whether a floyd rose bridge is worth it? I know it needs a lot of matenence and is hard to keep in tune and everything. I play all types of metal (mostly thrash and death) and wanted to know if I should get one. Thanks in advance.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
they arent hard to KEEP in tune at all...
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Only people VERY mentally disabled will find difficulty with a Floyd...
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
It depends on the system - if you want reliability and stability be prepared to fork out the dosh my son.
Quote by paintITblack39
Its gonna be hard as hell to replace those strings.

no its not, just gotta replace one string at a time
Quote by azn_guitarist25
no its not, just gotta replace one string at a time

Otherwise, the bridge will implode from changes in tension. Seriously. I've seen it happen.
Quote by Holy Katana
Otherwise, the bridge will implode from changes in tension. Seriously. I've seen it happen.

im sure it would, the worse that could happen is either your bridge sinks or goes up
First of all if your gonna get a floyd rose get a real one (by that I mean not a licenced floyd rose) and second of all only get a floyd rose if you really NEED to use the whammy bar in your music. If you only plan to use it as a gimmick then it's not worth getting.
I meen like if I were to get an ESP guitar would it be bad to get the MH-400 instead of the MH-400NT. But now I know that they are not that hard to handle so I'll get the floyd thx guys.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by Holy Katana

it wont implode it just pops off the bolts,no big deal.
Depends on if you're going to use it. If you play blues, you aren't going to be dive bombing that often. On the other hand, if you play metal, it is pretty much a neccesity.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
haha...i restringed my friends floyd for the first time. took 2 hours to restring and tune. it was a bitch. but fun. haha.
If you're planning on getting a Floyd, make damn sure you get a good one. The Official Floyds and some copies are great, but most liscensed ones are terrible.

So either Official Floyd Rose, Ibanez Edge/Lo-Pro/Edge-Pro/ZR, Schaller or Gotoh.

They're hard to tune, and restringing is a bit more work, but a good one will be almost impossible to put out of tune.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Holy Katana

Oh God. Don't remind me. You're fine as long as you make sure to maintain the same tension on the bridge. That is, one string at a time, tuning between strings. String changes aren't harder, just longer. Unless you're lazy and careless and mess up your bridge, in which case you'll have a fun time playing with spring tension and retuning, retuning, retuning.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Maybe someone could awnser my question. EdgePro bridges are fairly similair to Floyd's, but i've been told their easier to re-string. If so, maybe that's what your lookinng for

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by rhymeswith suck
Maybe someone could awnser my question. EdgePro bridges are fairly similair to Floyd's, but i've been told their easier to re-string. If so, maybe that's what your lookinng for

I guess an edge pro is easier to restring because you don't have to cut the ball ends of the strings off.
huh, I didn't know that. r edgepro's the same premises of Floyd's, the floating, push/pull is what i'm looking for

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
i got a S470DX ibanez with a ZR floyd rose. The thing i dont like about it is having to take off the balls at the end of the string. Otherwise its fine, but strings tend to snap a bit quicker if you have one and you use your wammy bar too much.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Pants99
Ok, I am getting a new guitar over the summer and I was wondering whether a floyd rose bridge is worth it? I know it needs a lot of matenence and is hard to keep in tune and everything. I play all types of metal (mostly thrash and death) and wanted to know if I should get one. Thanks in advance.

Thank you to say that the floyd needs a lot of maintenance and hard to keep in tune, i'm not going to buy a guitar with floyd bridge