should i get a Gibson Faded SG Special or a Fender highway 1 telecaster ?

I play
hard classic rock (Zeppellen, AC/DC, Van Halen)
Funkish rock (Hendrix , RHCP)
Punk (Ramones, Misfits, old green day)
a little metal (Zao, A7X)
and a little blues (Hendrix, SRV)
a uhh... Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Dino Jr., Skynyrd, Aerosmith...

any feedback would be great
(but please dont say neither, cuz ive whittled it down to these two)
CTHC
Well the more versatile guitar would be the strat. But I think it is so better to buy the regular American series which is just a little more. The quality is better than those two guitars.

The Gibson is nice however. If you really can't spend that kind of money, and don't want the Highway series, then go for it.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
sorry I got that tele mixed up with the strat. I wouldn't go for the Tele now. I don't think you can get the heavier music type stuff out of it that well.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
first off i think for the style of music your playing it would probably be better if you had a strat than a tele but it all depends on how they feel when you play. i'd go with a hss stratocaster or if you like teles one with a humbucker in the bridge.
I have the same amp as you! I would say the Gibson SG, it'll do yo u good when you want to play metal, that tele will sound mighty weak.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
first off i think for the style of music your playing it would probably be better if you had a strat than a tele but it all depends on how they feel when you play. i'd go with a hss stratocaster or if you like teles one with a humbucker in the bridge.

I second the HSS strat.