Right, Ive been playing for half a year i think, and so I thought its damn well time i bought an effects pedal. I wanted something cheap and cheery so I went for the Behringer X V-AMP Modeling Amp/Multi-Effects Pedal and have bought one off ebay.
Its too late now to not buy it, i was just wonderign if anyone knows if they are any good or not.
behringer doesn't make good gear. And its probably not good if you are buying it off of ebay.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
If the money you spent on it wont be missed then its fine but dont spend too uch money on such a crappy brand, my amp is behringer, it sucks, it'll do for now but i'll need a real make of amp soon, if you but effects pedals buy good brands, digitech do good cheap pedals
i knwo you get what you pay for, but im not exactly gigging yet.
anyway i have to save my money from the weddings i play for other things, so aslong as this lasts a year or two then its great for me.
how much did you pay? They aren't bad for the actual price. New they go for about $100 with case and pedal. The Line6 POD series is a bit better but it is going to cost you a lot more than $100 dollars for the POD, pedal and case. More like $400 to $500. So price wise, it is good. It will be fine for practice. Eventually you will grow out of liking it and want something else though.
I got it for £45.
Its the cheapest thign i could find with an exspression pedal! Except for an old zoom 606, but one of my friends said that broke easily.
i'd get a Zoom G2.1, comes with Cubase and the ability to record, and alot alot of effects (including the useful acoustic sim) and easy editing.
I've played the Beheringer X-V's and Digitech's pedals, and i definatly believe the G2's sounded the best, plus they aren't plastic like the old 606's, with a metal body and rubber on the side

Mine was 170$ (G2.1), but you can get the G2 for $100 but it lacks a expression pedal, USB, and a power supply, definatly worth the extra money.
Quote by jmac72187
how much did you pay? They aren't bad for the actual price. New they go for about $100 with case and pedal. The Line6 POD series is a bit better but it is going to cost you a lot more than $100 dollars for the POD, pedal and case. More like $400 to $500. So price wise, it is good. It will be fine for practice. Eventually you will grow out of liking it and want something else though.

theres no way its $400-500. the thing by itself is only $150-200.
Well as long as you get it and are happy with it, it'll probably be q good.

And very cool username indeed.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get Some boss pedals, the distortion pedal is only 40$. U can get a blue's pedal, it sounds great. Look through the boss pedals they have a great selection. it really depends what you wanna play. Also look into a Vox Wah.
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
digitech cheap??? my behringer chorus is just as good as digitechs and it was like 3 times cheaper