Hey guys, I've been playnig guitar for about a year and I started out with one of those crappy electric guitar starter packs that came with a 38 watt fender amp. This amp will not get me through a gig so I've been searching around for new amps. I recently went to Guitar Center, and the guy there reccomended Crate. I looked at them and played on one of them and I really like it. It was 120 watts. I just wanted to know if Crate is really all that good or if the guy at Guitar Center was just trying to make a sale. Are there any other amps taht you guys reccomend, other than Marshall. Marshalls are way over my budget which is around $500 the most.

Another thing is, my band and I are really pushing towards re-creating the sound of Pink Floyd/ Zeppelin. Is there any equipment that you reccomend for this?

Thanks.
first you need to take some acid, then get a bunch of effect pedals and put all of them on at once through a clean tube amp. . .SLOID!
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
Yeah man I would recommend Crate, I use a Crate 120 watt combo amp and I love it
signature here: ________

member # (insert number) of the (insert club name) club
Quote by redstapler1228
Hey guys, I've been playnig guitar for about a year and I started out with one of those crappy electric guitar starter packs that came with a 38 watt fender amp. This amp will not get me through a gig so I've been searching around for new amps. I recently went to Guitar Center, and the guy there reccomended Crate. I looked at them and played on one of them and I really like it. It was 120 watts. I just wanted to know if Crate is really all that good or if the guy at Guitar Center was just trying to make a sale. Are there any other amps taht you guys reccomend, other than Marshall. Marshalls are way over my budget which is around $500 the most.

Another thing is, my band and I are really pushing towards re-creating the sound of Pink Floyd/ Zeppelin. Is there any equipment that you reccomend for this?

Thanks.

Was it a solid-state, or a Crate Blue Voodoo? The Blue Voodoo is really good.
It wasn't Blue Voodoo, those cost a fortune.

Does anybody reccomend any specific pedals to capture that Floyd/Zeppelin sound?
i do NOT recommend Crate...my mate has the GLX120/212 i think it is...it is VERY stale, muddy, and thin...i dont feel any warmth through it...it does metal/hardcore better than anything and the cleans are REALLY bad...i would never recommend the Crate.

have u looked into VOX they do the ADVT series which are modeling amps but do a lot of variety and well...i also recommend looking into lower watt tubes a la Peavey Classic, Blues Jr., Laneys have a great reputation as well
DONT GET A CRATE.....
i have the FXT120.....the tone sucks balls both clean and distortion...and ive had it only for 11 months and its blew out on me.....you can take a look at a thread i started about it...

save your money...you'll be MUCH happier
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3