iv just bought a jackson rr3 guitar with a lisenced floyd rose trem. When i started playing it i noticed that the top e-string was slighly out of tune and tried to retune it. This is my first floyd rose guitar and i didnt have a clue wot i was doing so i just fiddled around with an allen key at the bidge. When i twisted sumthing the string went reali loose and is now unplayable but the rest of the strings are fine. Wots appened?
plz help

cheers rock tabber
Last edited by rocktabber at Jun 4, 2006,
You probably loosened the string clamp. If you haven't cut the slack off the end of your strings, de-tune it, stick it back in the string clamp properly, then tune her back up. And in future, if your strings are slightly out of tune - use the fine tuners.
Quote by rocktabber
iv just bought a jackson rr3 guitar with a lisenced floyd rose trem. When i started playing it i noticed that the top e-string was slioghly out of tune and tried to retune it. This is my first floyd rose guitar and i didnt have a clue wot i was doing so i just fiddled around with an allen key at the the bidge. When i twisted sumthing the string went reali loose and is now unplayable but the rest of the srings are fine. Wots appened?

plz help

cheers rock tabber

An allen key at the bridge? Did you lower the action? That's all I can think of because I'm not quite sure how tuning a floyd rose would go...
i dnt wnt 2 sound stupid bt as i sed dis is ma first floyd rose guitar so which part of the bridge are the fine tuners and the string clamp?
yeah so you opened up the string clamp- unlock the nut and then put the string back into the clamp. Next time if u wanna tune with the nut locked, use the little circular fine tuners ontop of the bridge
ach, i had a floyd rose before

i didnt like it too much
guitar was nice mind, but i wasnt too much into using the trem anyway

uhm
i had the same problem at the start
loosen all the string clamps at the top, and loosen all the fine tuners as much as possible, then tune it
tighten the string clamps
then fine tune it with the tuners on the bottom of the trem

try that
took me a while to figure that much out
then i put the wrong gauge strings on it
and it was fùcked
so i traded it in baha
It's Chico Time
Quote by madman666
see if the screws that hold the nut on are loose.

he said he fiddled with a screw at the bridge