Hi people, first post in this forum. I've just finished my first complete song, and I'd like opinions on it. Someone told me it reminded him a little of Satriani, hence the title. Of course I by no means think I come even remotely close to him, but a description always helps.

Except for the drums I recorded every instrument myself.

Here it is, and of course I'll post crits in return.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=44D90B2448C0670E

Thanks!
Quote by rank-n-file
Spannious And The Homos has a nice ring to it.
or try the band name generator.

Quote by Resiliance
Where was I wrong? I WAS NEVER WRONG!

YOU WANT A WARNING BITCH?
Last edited by Reemster at Jun 13, 2006,
Ok here it goes I am l am listening right now.

Yeah this does sound a lot like satriani... its a well thought out recording.
at about 41 that double hit doesn't do this good song justice.

I like it I'm going to keep listening. Your tone is good, what type of distortion are you using?

I am enjoying the melody allot. Clearly you put a good amount of thought into this as I said. Just don't ever become a lazy guitarist. All in all this is a great recording.
Thanks very much for your comments I have a POD 2.0 I use for recording music, and although I'm not sure what type of distortion it is ( I only have it for a few days and i'm still figuring out how it works ), I did use a Modern Highgain amp model for it.
Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance

Reemster

Woot, shred in a major key. Seriously awesome, likin' it.

Y'know what this song has? It has a FEEL. It has structure. It GROWS. I effing approve.

OOOOOooh, 1:53, whats this? A DISTINCT SECTION!?

Awesome. Nice phrasing throughout, perhaps lacking the tightness and groove of satch, but certainly nicely developed.

The harmony guitar is slightly amatuerish at times (who am i to talk? )but otherwise, i love this piece. One small thing to do - restate the very opening theme. It's great, and if restated a little more obviously would make this song as accessable as any satch song, and imo, much more interesting. Seriously.

Im off to the shred forum to tell people to check it out.

If you wanna look at something i think is cool, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5791541#post5791541. Thassal.

NB - this was written, and lost by UG a day or two ago. I had it saved on word so now its up.
I love the cheesy 80's feel. Interesting moment when the drums change feel. In moments during that section the lead guitar needs to be up because the little arpeggiated guitar drowns it out. I really liked it, though. I have to admit, I haven't heard much of satriani, but you are doing a good job of what you are doing. Maybe clean up some of the playing.

Have a listen to my stuff on myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/seevousplay
you made major sound slightly less gay, good playing, especially like the rhythm guitar and the opening leads as well as the "breakdown" at 1:53, the speed up is a bit weird, but well done man.

do check it out mine on this forum
Thanks FP, Fleaflicker and Megadave for your comments I seriously forgot I had this song up for crit because I have been very busy working on a new one.

As soon as I get back tonight I'll absolutely crit everyone who posted here, sorry for the delay...

Everyone is welcome to ignore this bump, I just wanted to explain what took me so long...

Thanks again!
Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance

Loving this song... The major/happy feeling here is nice. Like FP said, this song really has groove. I like your tone, warm and smooth. The calm section starting at 1:47 is a nice touch. The only complaint here is the messed up fast licks. Nothing serious, but some of them were sounded messy.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373100
It all sounded really good to me, around the 45-50 second mark something didn't sound right but everything else sounded really good, man 9/10. The tone was awesome, the backing track was great, I love how it kinda broke down twords the middle then sped up, it was really unexpected and awesome.

Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Last edited by CheeseMuffin909 at Jun 9, 2006,
Nice work, Liking it a lot!
as others already said, the lead tone is real nice!
the speed increase is indeed a bit akward at around 2:03 but apart from that real good work man!
The harmonies in there sound good to, keep up the good work mate!