Hello..is it possible doing something to reduce the noise when playing on overdrive channel at high gain and volume? Maybe buying a distortion pedal will help? My amplifier is a Fender Champion 300 DSP and I play a Squier Strat with single coils.
thank you in advance,
helker
Turn down the gain. Would be my first instinct. Or move further away from electronic devices, that might cause some noise too.

If all else fails, just get a noise supressor. Either Boss' pedal, or Rocktron's Hush, I've heard that the two are excellent. I myself am going to get one of these later on.
A noise gate will help if you put it in the effects loop (if your amp has one...)

Squiers have terrible terrible shielding. If you properly shield the strat, your noise should go down considerably. They are single coils, but I think proper shielding will help more than a humbucker will.

A distortion pedal will help only if you lower the gain on the amp and get a noise gate to put after the distortion pedal. Otherwise, you'll just get more noise.
P. Swaminathan
(No company anymore... )

Album of the Week:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Turn down your gain a bit. If that dosn't help, a noise gate would definately do the trick.
Quote by Black Label93
Well this made my day, thank you, TS.

You may now have your way with my daughter and own all the riches in my kingdom.
How can I shield my Squier without replacing the single coils?
If I buy a distortion pedal and use it on the amplifier's clean channel, will I hear the buzz?
Question 1: Just fill the cavity with foil.
Question 2: It'll still hum. You need a noise gate, not a distortion pedal.
Quote by Danno13
Question 1: Just fill the cavity with foil.
Question 2: It'll still hum. You need a noise gate, not a distortion pedal.

where can I get more informations about answer n.1?