If i were to get a Roland Cube 60, then one of these cabs, http://www.avatarspeakers.com/ would i be able to line the cube out to the cab??? I dont have a lot of money to work with, so i was gonna buy the cube for now, line that out to the avatar cab, then in the future i was going to buy a head that i could line out to the cab. But w/ the cube would it work??
Yeah, well it has on the picture of the website an ext. Speaker out (but its up to 60W) then a separate line out, then a tuner out. So i was thinking you could use the line out. But doesnt a cab w/ 2 speakers have two inputs? and since there is only 1 line out??? BTW i was going to get the G212H speakers, which are $299
Last edited by \m/metallica\m/ at Jun 4, 2006,
the line out wouldn't work. too low a signal that's for recording or headphones e.t.c.
the speaker out would be for and extension cabinet. a single cabinet usualy has two inputs true. but this allows for stereo or mono conection so you shouldn't have a problem.

edit:the most important thing is that the ohms match.
Last edited by brokenwizard at Jun 4, 2006,
^ Well, i dont know about the line out you're talking about because they have another out that says Recording/headphones http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Cube-60-Second-Hand-Good-Condition_W0QQitemZ7420013526QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem if you look at the other pictures
on the side of the amp they have line out, hten ext spk, then tuner out
so now im really confused You can see wut i mean at http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=640&ParentId=57 if you look at the other images
ah yes i see. basically here is a run down of what they are for.

recording/headphone : for recording (to your p.c for example) or head phones obviously.
line out : most likely for use in a p.a system
speaker out : this is for your cab

the cab you were looking at would be perfect for the job as they are the same inpedance and have celestions.

is there a particular reason you want the cube? it seems quite similar to the spider which you already have.
I love the way the cube sounded+ i can line out, make it louder- cant do that w/ the spider so when i jam w/ a band or so, i can line it out, get it louder w/o making it sound as ****ty as the spider. When i get home, i can just play it amp by itself, so like if i go ne where i just use the amp, but when i have practice.. voila I also hate the cleans on the spider, the cleans are a bit better on the cube.
O yeah, the Ext. speaker says Max 60W, if theres 2 speakers????
i know what you mean about the spider, the cleans are abit rubbish (i have one myself). i'm gona get an ashdown fallen angel half stack.

it means that it will give out a maximus of 60 watts so haveing the two speakers will not be a problem. in fact it is good because it means you will not overload you cab and destroy the speakers.
ok but how do i line out to both the speakers?? seeing that there is only 1 out for 2 inputs? or are you saying that im only gonna get 60W extra outta the cab?? Are you saying that the cube can only power 60 Extra Watts, giving me a total of 120 Watts???
basically it's like this;

the amp is 60w. so it can give a total of 60w to it's speaker outputs.
the cab can handle a certain abount of watts. for instance 150. what will happen is you will plug the single speaker out of the amp to the mono input of the cab. the amps 60 watts will then be shared by both speakers. increasing your loudness over the single speaker. it will still be 60 watts. read the cabinet tutorial on gear customisation for the more technical anology. but trust me the etup you sugested would work perfectly how you want it to.
basically it's like this;

the amp is 60w. so it can give a total of 60w to it's speaker outputs.
the cab can handle a certain abount of watts. for instance 150. what will happen is you will plug the single speaker out of the amp to the mono input of the cab. the amps 60 watts will then be shared by both speakers. increasing your loudness over the single speaker. it will still be 60 watts. read the cabinet tutorial on gear customisation for the more technical anology. but trust me the setup you sugested would work perfectly how you want it to.